running strange?

so, I have a 03 banshee, fatty's w/powercore 2's and k&n lid off...

thats it for engine mods...........I was at Florence last weekend and noticed a

weird thing from idle to 1/4 throttle.........mid to full throttle and power band was awesome......I have the needle in middle possiton and 2 turns out on screw...............the problem was when i was going slow it sputtered and back fired and hesitated, then i could hit the power band and go for it....

what could this be..........oh, i do have bigger pilots too.......i think one size up from stock.........

help?

thanks

You might try turning your airscrews some, sounds like yo are lean. I know it doesn't always mean much but fmf suggests 30 pilots w/lid just the snorkel off, and you are running 27.5's w/lid off. May want to get some 30's, possibly even 32.5's, but try turning in your airscrews first.

You might try turning your airscrews some, sounds like yo are lean.  I know it doesn't always mean much but fmf suggests 30 pilots w/lid just the snorkel off, and you are running 27.5's w/lid off. May want to get some 30's, possibly even 32.5's, but try turning in your airscrews first.

364345[/snapback]

so, i think your right.........what it the stock pilot? 27.5?

if so i think i hav the 30 in there, it was a year ago when i put them in......

plus, i ride the woods all the time and this was the first sand trip since then.............so i think that your correct........i did try and turn in the screws a half turn and that seemed to help a bit, but not much.........so maybe a bigger pilot ya think?

25's are stock. They go up in 2.5 sizes...

MOST of the time, with air filtration and pipes...a 27.5 is fine. The stock pilot circuit on shees flow a lot of fuel.

27.5 pilot and anywhere from 1.0 to 2.5 turns out on the air screw.

Warm it up, set them to 1.0 out...go from there. Once you adjust them, let the bike idle for 20 to 30 seconds to let the change "Take Effect"...

I've read that FMF pipes like a fat pilot...so, 30 might be the key.

Do some searching around here and get the idea, you're not off by far..either way.

Are your carbs nice and clean, float heights set correctly, and the choke tube seated and not leaking..(Rubber line between carbs)

If your carbs are AOK...I'd check reeds and intake area...although, if it's ripping upper R's...they're probably ok...

Try the old choke trick too. from idle, pull the choke out 1/2 way. If it runs better, your pilot/air screws are too lean. If it runs worse, you're rich....

I just got done with the whole rigamorole on my shee...

Worth it, and you'll learn a valuable lesson!!!