lighten flywheel in trails?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a heavier flywheel keeps thr r's up when letting off the throttle.w/a lightened flywheel you get the r's up faster but you need the flywheel momemtem to keep the r's up.some mx rinders add weight to the flywheels.is this making since. it was just in a recent dirtwheels.lightened is good for drags.

364417[/snapback]

You're comparing a two stroke twin to a single, you can't do that. It's like comparing an apple to a bowling ball. On the Banshee you have a throttle to keep the r's up you don't need a heavy flywheel.

Boonman how many people have sent back their lightened flywheel's to you? I run a Gorr Port, with a single carb on DMC 916's with a -2 swinger. That's about as much low end as you're gonna get with a banshee. I've run both a lightened flywheel and a stocker, I currently have both to use so I can change them if I wanted. But there's no point in throwing on the stocker it's not nearly as good of a machine as with the lightened one. Take it into consideration I ride woods, trails, sand, hills...basically whatever is in my way I'll ride it. The lightened flywheel is by far better on the Banshee in all situations.

Edited by PUSH THE THROTTLE

Of all the Banshee flywheels I have lightened since 1989, no one has ever wanted to go back to a stocker, period. If you try it you will like it.

Don't talk to someone that doesn't have one, talk to people that do have lightened flywheels if you want facts.

Boonman sent mine, and I'll have it put on tomorrow. Saturday I'm going to some private propery to ride with a LARGE group...and there's trails, sand, mud and a lot of drag racing.

I've always ridden stock flywheel banshees.

Boonman is such a good guy period...he's gone way above and beyond the call of duty to help me out.

I'll let you all know how it works out for all the riding situations above when I get back.

Aside from just the flywheel, I"m puttingon a stator adj plate to go +4 and a Boonman special Shiftstar...

The only bad part is going to be my buddy on his 450R cryin...

:bolt:

I'm like a giddy little kid waiting for Santa...

This santa is in the big brown truck...though...:)

I could care less if they don't listen...my 450R buddies are going to believe...they're going to believe in the exhaust note from the buisness end of my shee...

:headbang:

WOW...what a scene.

Went for a good wide open blast....revs quicker...seems like it mellowed it out only cause the hit comes sooner...very nice.

Between the shift star, flywheel and +4 timing plate...totally woke that bike up.

Riding the trails tomorrow, and the guy has a 1/4 mile dirt drag strip all setup...

Will report back and let you know about the trail riding of it!!!

Man...I was trying to find this thread...thanks PTT!.

One word...unbelievable.

It almost took the hit out of my T5's, but only because the it revs quicker and hits the pipe quicker.

I did everything from drag race 500 Ft...to ride in tight trails, muddy, rutted out, and a small track with a few jumps.

I don't know how a lightened flywheel works on other bikes, two stroke, 4 stroke, single cylinder, etc. But...I can tell you this is the mod to have for a shee.

I put the timing plate on, a breeze, set it at +4. Put on Boonman's flywheel AND shift star...and it was a totally different bike. Still fast, but I can honestly say it is easier to ride!

If you don't have a lightened flywheel, you're kidding yourself. I can't see it being a single disatvantage on a SHEE...

Revs quicker for drag, hits the pipe sooner AND smoother for trails. What more can you ask for?

:notworthy::notworthy: Boonman!!

:cheers: