what size carb for my banshee

hello im planning on taking the duel 34mm mikuni flatslide carbs off and going with a single carb setup.i have a 420 bigbore and its ported and polished dont know what kind of port job it has. but i want a carb that will flow the same amount of gas as the duel setup.ive seen people are running 34 to 36mm carb for there 2into1 setup and some saying 38 or 40mm are to big and make the bike bog.can someone help me choose a carb.let me know what info you need to help me pick one.

thank you for helping me out

• 3 weeks later...
bump :dance:

368788[/snapback]

I have a 33 cv set up from Trinity. Seems to pull pretty good off the bottom but you lose that top 10% or so. Midrange is awsome with pt mids and 20 cc domes I ride really tight woods most of the the time so its great for me. Super insanely easy to change jetting also. I can't imagine that the 35 mm from them is a huge difference . Maybe someone else can chime in if they've ridden both.

Your gonna lose a little going with a single carb on that 420 no matter what carb you go with. Getting a good air flow at top end is one thing, but getting a large carb to function at slow speed will likely be a problem, vice versa with a smaller carb.

If money isn't a problem, give it a try, you might just be able to prove everyone wrong on this. One other thing, carb size might be limited to boot on intake manifold. If your really serious about it, I'll pull my carb and measure the boot.

Edited by Wallynut

Your gonna lose a little going with a single carb on that 420 no matter what carb you go with.  Getting a good air flow at top end is one thing, but getting a large carb to function at slow speed will likely be a problem, vice versa with a smaller carb. 

369328[/snapback]

Ordinarily I would agree 100% witht this statement. Smaller carbs have higher velocity into the cylinders due to the increased vacuum. Then as the airflow increases they limit top end air flow due to their reduced size. But...The C.V. carbs pull harder on the bottom then they do on the top. What we need is a pair of CV carbs. A large one that is plugged off at lower RPMs and a smaller one to get the party started. After around say 5k RPMs the Larger carb opens up providing enought air/fuel to finish the race. It is sort of the concept behind the RX7's they had a small turbo (quick spool-up) then a large one to finish what you started.

Note: I hearby patent this imformation. Any manufacturer that attempts to create a dual carb CV system or a large carb with changing inner diameter must provide me with a fully functioning copy and $1 Million Dollars. And Lord sorry about them pigmies in New Guinea. Git er Dun