what jettings

BANJO

ok i have a 99 shee..

it has fattys and a k&n filtter.. with a boost bottle..

now its not jetted.. it works great.. hadnt had it out long enought to hit WOT..

but it seams like shes good.. i live right on the water..

what should i jett to??

peace devin

ok i have a 99 shee..

it has fattys and a k&n filtter.. with a boost bottle..

now its not jetted.. it works great.. hadnt had it out long enought to hit WOT..

but it seams like shes good.. i live right on the water..

what should i jett to??

peace devin

361220[/snapback]

No pipe manufacturer can give the proper jetting for YOUR 'SHEE! They can give you a starting point, but you better learn how to make jetting changes on your carbs. EVERY quad is a little different due to many factors & the altitude, gas quality, oil mixture are just some of them.

Do a search on here on how to do a plug chop & read the posts on jetting, you'll eventually get it right. There are many people on here willing to help out! :cheers:

Just finished up going the jetting routine myself.

For sea level to 1000ft.

I assume you have a K&N Filter using the stock airbox.

What I've read around here is the SST's like a fat pilot.

Get a 27.5 Pilot, and turn your air screws 1.5 turns out from seated.

I'd bet you could start with a 240 or 250 MAIN and be very close.

Like previously mentioned...we can't give you exact jetting...but we can get you in the ballpark.

As said...look at your plugs...they'll tell you.

call fmf. they will tell exacty what to use.

361245[/snapback]

:rotflmao: yea right!!

Man, on your machine, start with 290 or 300s and a 27.5 pilot. Do a search for plug chop and follow those directions on reading the plug and you should be set.

I have about the same setup as you, except I run w/airbox lid off and I run a 30 pilot and 330 mains, airscrews 1.5 turns out. I can tell you that I am a little on the rich side. I would agree w/ shredish and start out about 300's, or 310's. As it goes right now if you are running stock jetting, it won't be long before you will run into trouble.

I look at it this way. I take the assumption that most of the peeps asking these things don't know how to check plugs, if they did, then they'd probably know how to jet, and if they knew that then they wouldn't be asking. This doesn't apply a lot of times, but I assume that for safety sake. Then, I'll take what I think they should be at and make sure they are a size or so rich, so if they go home, throw it in and hammer down, they don't blow the piston into a million pieces.

Now, with the airbox lid off and such, 310 and 320 is not unusual for Fatties. With the lid on, it wouldn't surprise me to be at 290 and maybe 300. I didn't see he still had the snorkel or I would've told him to take it off and burn it!! But I'd rather him throw a 300 in there than a 270, that's for sure.

See where I'm coming from. Honestly, I think 290 is gonna be pretty damned close. Hell, I ran 320s in my bike with Fatties and no lid, with VForce reeds, and those will lean you a size as well.

Cool, well maybe he'll let us know how he ends up.

Sred...you think that fat of a main if he has an airbox w/ the lid and/or snorkel still in place?

Oops...looks like Sheefreak answer that for me...

Surprising...I'm running 310's with T5's and have NO airbox...:)

:notworthy:

361692[/snapback]

Yeah, but how long will it run? Unless you are at 4000' elevation, you are lean, guarantee.

Well...I've been tuning on the jetting since I've gotten it.(Mid-February)

I'm less than 1000ft.

I bought it with 30 pilots and 250 main, stock pipes and K&N pods.

Since then...bumped to 27.5 Pilots, T5's and 290 Mains. Yep, too lean. I'm at 310s now.

And all I've been doing 90% of the rides I've taken are WOT Drags for about 250 yards or so.

My plugs are perfect...light chocolate brown.

I can chop 'em if you'd like...

Just goes to show you...no two bikes are going to be jetted the same.

Always going to be different...but we can find a good starting point...

Edited by dajogejr

I should add...though...Linc...I have Toomey/Dyno Jet needles.

They are considerably longer than stock needles. I'm thinking the Mains don't come on till later, do to the increased length....

I know that factors into the equasion.

However...I plan on testing some rockets...and I've read I'm going to have to richen it up even MORE with those...

i have checked my plugs and there good...

my bike works great and its not very ofton im WOT...

but befor i changed my plugs that were really bad.. the bike did stop pulling once i was WOT...

my banshee has been drivin with no jets ever since it was bought in 99..

and had the rings changed once.. all the parts were put on in 99..

now is there any way that mabe the jettings are fine.. is it possible because the bikes been like this since 99..

like should i really be worryed that much??

peace devin