ims 4 gallon tank

#51 BANSHEE

junk the IMS tank and buy a Clark tank.Clarks have the fins, look better and fit alot better.I had both........It's a big tank and you can't sticker it up!!(sticker's will bubble up).But the extra fuel on the trails will make a difference.......I only run 93 and most stops I make are 87 and if your lucky 91.!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
its 1 gallon more than  stock, 5 gallons or more is just a waste because of the weight. the slosh doesnt help either. :confused:

370492[/snapback]

looks better too IMO. they also make natural tanks, so you can see your gas. i'd get one of those.

Edited by dEcon

Not really hip to the aftermarket tanks. If I was going to by one it would be a Clarke. My friend just bought his second IMS tank and I asked him if he was retarded? :drool: Becuase the tank makes the bike look like shit! No offense to those out there that have spent the insane amount of loot to make thir bike look how it does! Makes my bike look way better though! Personnaly I ride where I live and although I frequently pass through 3 different counties out riding I have found that if I bring enough oil for at least 2 gallons of gas I am ok to get home! I suppose that if I was still X-country racing or preparing for one of the Baja races I would purchase a Clarke tank. I am bored here at work so my opinion has been submitted. :clap:

Ok I take back post from earlier! My friend put all black plastic on his Banshee and a black IMS tank and the bike actually looks pretty good!!!! I still would have purchased a Clarke tank over the IMS though. If your still looking for some pics I will take some this weekend when we ride! I am just finishing up my bike and he finished his this past week! I have missed like a month of beautiful riding where I am due to the fact that I am on co-op for 40hrs a week plus go taking part-time classes at the college I am on co-op through so it has been a busy Spring. I just finished up classes last week and am ready to rock'em and roll'em! I will get some pics posted of the IMS tank after this weekend!

Edited by sj820