ele problem

Fox73-Zz

I went out to ride one day and the shee cranked fine and ran fine...at idle. When you give it more gas, one cyl misses. I thought jetting first, but I switched the plug caps and it followed the coil wire, not the cyl. I have tried new plugs. I am out of ideas on what to check, and I don't know anybody else around that rides a shee to I can borrow parts.

Any idea on just what to check?

FYI, TORS is gone, modded stock timing plate, stock coil, stock cdi

I hadn't changed anything around the time it messed up, just started suddenly

Thanks guys

Fox

It sounds most like a failing coil, I'd test it or have a shop bench test it and see. When my CDI went out it was sudden and complete failure; it wouldn't start at all. When my stator went out it was similar but later found a broken connector that could have let it run part of the time if the connection was just right (your stator could be an outside possibility, I'd test that too). It could also just be the plug wire from the coil, check the one that's bad and see if it has continuity and a good connection at both ends. Good luck.

UPDATE: I removed my coil, tested it, it checked ok. While I had it out, I removed the boots and but 1/2 of wire off so the boots had contact with new, good wire. When I put the coil back on, I noticed the black wire's connector was way too loose. I squeezed the connector back tight, made all my connections and it was fixed. It was probably that loose conection all the time. Now, I feel a little stupid for missing it, but relieved it wasn't anything expensive gone bad.

Thanks for the help guys

Fox

EDIT: Now that I actually read the ELE FAQ, I feel REALLY stupid...Q40 was my problem, even down to the female spade connector

Oh BenBB A32 says the coil is held on by a 12mm head bolt, mine was a 10mm, just FYI

Edited by Fox73-Zz