banshee won't rev

i have a 2002 banshee,it has a ported top end,.03 over,fmf pipes,boost bottle,boysen reeds.it idles fine and pulls ok off idle,but falls flat and won't rev.carbs are cleaned and it has 320 main jets in it.still has the tors carb tops on it.i am in michigan.also using amsoil,says to mix at 50:1. is this ok ? thanks

It sounds like your tors is kicking in and limiting the rpm. Either check to make sure all of the wires are plugged in or unplug them all.

You have wires coming out of both of the tors on top of the carbs, a set of wires coming from your parking brake, a set of wires coming from your thumb throttle assembly and mounted to the frame under the gas tank in front of the petcock there is a little black box.

If your throttle sticks with everything unplugged, your engine will rev sky high! You assume all responsibility for making sure the throttle is operating and maintained properly.....

Oil mix sounds ok, although I would probably run at least 40:1.

What's your elevation? 320 sounds a little rich to me........Check your plugs.

Ok ,i put fresh gas in it,mixed at 40:1.was still running like a pig.had 320 mains in it.i put 220 mains in it and it rips,but is pretty lean.what would be a good base line.don't want to buy a bunch of jets.has fmf pipes. thanks for the info.

349175[/snapback]

You went from a 320 to a 220 :bolt: Isn't that a big step?

Ok ,i put fresh gas in it,mixed at 40:1.was still running like a pig.had 320 mains in it.i put 220 mains in it and it rips,but is pretty lean.what would be a good base line.don't want to buy a bunch of jets.has fmf pipes. thanks for the info.

349175[/snapback]

If your at sea level try a 280 or drop 1 jet size for every 2500 feet in elevation you gain...just a suggestion though (Toomey recommended jetting, worked for me).

Those Toomey kits are a little lean, IMO.

Stock needles have

But...if 320s were that fat, I agree. Start with 280s...go from there.

I'd get 270, 280 and 290 jets.

I'm in MI too. Most of the state is less than 1000 ft above sea level...a few spots from 1000 to 2000 ft.

make sure the needle is in the 3rd groove...too...

Before you get to far into that jetting, have you opened the airbox up yet. If you don't have a pro-flo plate you can silicone and bolt the stock plastic flange to the airbox. This will allow you to get rid of the airbox nozzle and lid. You can gain a lot more air flow and pwr. If so, I'd do the same.. 280 is a good starting point. If not, wait on the jetting until you open the box... If you choose to open the box that is.