Toomey Pipe comparison

dajogejr

Anyone know of a chart comparison or dyno sheets of previous Toomey Pipe versions?

I'm convinced since I'm going the port/polish routine next year, T-6 pipes are not a good idea.

I've been looking at T-5s...and they're about 439. pipes and silencers in metal finish, direct from Toomey.

Found cheap T4's on ebay...and in decent shape.

How much more difference in T4's to T5's?

I'm dying to pipe it...I know how much it'll wake up. But, as anyone else, I want the best bang for the buck...but don't want to shell out an extra few hundred for not much difference.

I'm sure there is someone here that has progressed with Toomey...from original up to their current T6...any help out here?

:cheers:

Every upgare since the first toomey pipe is more powerfull than the other.

TR6 are more powerfull than T5's. but TR6 seem to like better stock porting configuration. T5's are proven to be good for stock porting specs and better than TR6's for custom porting.

If you only want to get a toomey pipe, go with the T5's. Else, CPI's will work better with porting and some say Rockets also.

:cheers:

I saw a dyno chart from Toomey. Their TR6's vs T5's , in stock engine. The TR6's were by far the better pipe. Even other brands were better than the T5's in a stock engine. (who knows, probably a marketing stunt)

Edited by richybanshee

Thanks...Richy.

I plan on porting 'er after this riding season...so, I'm goin with the 5's.

Can't go wrong with Toomeys...and, as said...ANYTHING is better than the stock wheezers...

If I decide to keep the engine stock, which...I highly doubt. The 5's go on Ebay...and I bump up to the 6's....

I'm like a giddy little kid, either way...can't wait to pipe her. Hate the stockers...

The TR6 pipe design, is for the stock engine specifically.

Anytime you modify the engine where you will be altering the exhaust gas temperature, (Exhaust Port change, or compression ratio change) you will be deviating from the TR6 design capability.

The reason it is the best, and works so well on a stock engine, is that it is a VERY specific design meant to maximize the potential of the stock engine, which most people actually have. It is not designed to accommodate any other port design range at all.

Our T5 design DOES have this wider design capability, thus it works well on stock OR modified engines, right up into the higher RPM ranges as well.

But, not AS well on the lower RPM ranges, at which a stock engine/RPM range operates, as the TR6.

So, for low-end and mid range power, in the stock engine/RPM range, the TR6 is your best choice, and for modified engines, or sustained high RPM operation, the T5 is the best choice.

ST

Thank you from all of us at,

Toomey Racing USA, Inc.

3019 Propeller Dr.

Paso Robles CA 93446

(805) 239-8870 V

(805) 239-2514 F

www.toomey.com

info@toomey.com

A wise man once said,

"In order to go fast,

you must not go slow"

Please read this if you are thinking about porting your motor...D

Yep...been reading up on this.

I fully intend to give 'er the workover soon.

I swapped emails a few times with Stuart Toomey, and I've come to the same conclusion.

Just need to get a jet kit from 'em now. All I really need is their needles...

I've got all the Mikuni jets I could possibly hope for using the stock carbs...

Thanks for the reassurance....SuperD.