got my fmf pipes on but....

Nice pipe choice :headbang:

Same ones I got. I noticed if you don't have the spacer on the silencer in the rear to pull them out they hit the hose. I all so have to loosen things up and pull a little right where the hose is then tighten or they touch too. Mine are real close (like 1/4 in.) and do not melt anything.

Hope this helps

:cheers:

today i put my new pipes on and one of them is set on the radiator hose.  Is it going to heat up and melt through it? also what size jetting should i get i live in upstate ny its about 30 f and all i have is fmf gnarlys on her. thanks for the help.

338127[/snapback]

Is your motor stock? if so aprox. 270 mains 27.5 or 30 pilot

My Banshee was basically stock when I did my FMF pipe set. I used 280mains stock pilots and the needles were on the second clip setting. But I am at 2400ft above sealevel...It was perfect

Brad

Edited by cudaz101

The hose will not melt. I had the same problem with my Gnarlies. The only thing is that the pipe will get an ugly stain where the hose touches it.

For the temps you mention, if at sea level or up to 1,500 feet, no airbox lid, a 280-300 main should be near enough. Keep the 30 pilots, Gnarlies like it rich down low and keep tthe needle in the stock 3rd clip position. :cheers:

I had the same problem. Take a piece of scrap radiator hose and split it. Put it between the pipe and the radiator hose to act as a shield. Put a zip tie around the hose so it cant fall off.