building a boat

I built a 15ft standard driftboat, is that the kind of boat you are referring to? If you have questions I can help you out. A lot of people dont seem to get the right arch and end up with something that looks more like a used bananna so the first thing you need to do is get ahold of some plans for you ribs, from that point its not to hard. Good Luck

Hi B and B:

Maybe this will get you started:

http://www.projectsandhobbies.com/1stboatpage.htm

Otherwise try these resources:

1. Wooden Boat Publications

2. Family Boat Building

3. Everything Cosine Wherry

4. The Wooden Boat Foundation

5. Devlin's Stitch-and-Glue Method

6. Plans for a 16 foot San Juan Dory

Let me know if that doesn't get you on your way and I'll see if I can help some more.

-Bill

Ain't you ever seen those boats in thailand? Basically take an oversized canoe, dump an engine on top of it, attach a 15 foot propeller shaft and lay it out the ass end. Don't even need to cut a hole.

Seriously tho man...what kind of material are you thinking of making this boat out of? Aluminum? Wood? Fiberglass? Cement? My personal experience lies in composites or wood laminates. If it doesn't need to be terribly strong I'd go with a fiberglass layup on top of a foam core. If you need more durability try substituting wood instead of foam.