Tires and cold weather

SICK BOY

I'm just finishing putting my shee back together for race season (starts in April).My ? is does cold weather effect flat track tires?My tires are in my basement now (basement is heated),and a guy at work said if I put them on my quad and keep it in my unheated garage the tires will dry rot due to the soft compound.Does anyone know if this is true, our weather right now is between 15-40 degrees.

I'm just finishing putting my shee back together for race season (starts in April).My ? is does cold weather effect flat track tires?My tires are in my basement now (basement is heated),and a guy at work said if I put them on my quad and keep it in my unheated garage the tires will dry rot due to the soft compound.Does anyone know if this is true, our weather right now is between 15-40 degrees.

326233[/snapback]

They do like warmer weather thats why you see people burnin them before they go to the start line in the race, but in your case sitting in the garage you have nuthin to worry bout, i do the same thing every year wth a un heated garage, has no affect!!