New rider with questions

islandsurfer

Got a 00 Banshee for a $3000 with alot of engine mods: K/N Pod filters with no air box and trinity Covers, FMF Gold series w/ PCII, Moose (between carb and engine looks like a drum), pro design Cool head,Boyesen Power reeds, Wiseco Pistions, Kehlin carb (it this stock?? says for motorcycle racing only??), Was told it was bored .60 (how good is this?)... My question is I will be doing mainly track riding and I read all about the suspension mods, Is this bike set up for track engine wise?? I will be doing trail rides how will be in the trails?? Rode it at a track in Florida, had alot of fun for my first time even caught some nice air!!! Thanks

Edited by islandsurfer

hot cams? you must have the super limitied edition

323185[/snapback]

I put a new set of cams in mine,and what a differance.They were a bitch to install tho.I had to place them in the intake openings and beat the shit out of them with a hammer to get them to slide in.

Edited by SICK BOY

The motor sound like it will be a good all around motor.The carb is aftermarket,does it have a single or duel carbs?It's not bad that it is bored over .60,but the max you can go is 100 over before it need to be resleaved.I'd do a compression check (because you didn't say what size domes were in the head) to see what octane gas you need to run.

Welcome to the HQ.

motor sounds good, just keep the maintenece up on it, suspension is what your gonna need for mx, get extended aarms, shocks valved for your weight, shortened singer, extended axle..ect, and then practice practice practice