Texas GNCC Race Today

Meat

Chris Borich wins the opener !

Bill Ballance gets second and Yokley comes in third.

Good ol' Santo DeRisi nabbed 4th, woulda been nice to see Santo on the podium, and factory Polaris rider Matt Smiley finished in 5th place.

Hometown girl Traci Cecco won the womens class.

Mike Penland got beat, came in second in the UTE stock class.

THE 2005 GNCC SEASON HAS BEGUN :cheers::cheers::cheers:

I was there, 2 feet away from the whole thing. Shoulda been racing.... :shootself:

It was Borich and Ballance right to the end.... I got the start on vid as well as Ballance coming through the time chutes some. It was a good race, and at first, i was disappointed Ballance didn't take it, but when they were on the podium, Borich looked happy and I thought that maybe it's good to have some of the young guys moving in a little... good for the sport. Hell, Borich is only 18... and on a Honda (thought I'd mention that).

I was extremely surprised at the number of Hondas. I bet it was 40% Yamahas, 40% Hondas and all the others filtering in.

Traci Cecco took hers as well and was 4th overall in the morning classes... one fast rider. A local texas girl that races our series took 4th in the Women's class also, so that was good to see.

I'd post some of the vids, but they're kind of big. My vid of the Pro starts was good, but not as good as it should've been. I'll see about putting it on here, need to see how big the file is first.

awww get those videos posted ! was that your first GNCC ?? Traci Cecco lives 10 miles down the road from me and Borich is about 15 miles away. Borich is 20 yrs old, maybe 21 now. I heard Ballance was ramming into Borich at the end of the race. Borich wouldnt let him pass.

so you noticed all the 450r's now racing XC. Thats because of one guy, chirs borich. He sold all those 450r to all those racers when last season he switched from a yfz to a Honda and won 3 in a row and almost 4. Won the 12 hours race in Iowa on the 450r and now everyones racin' em. Chris had so many problems with his YFZ's, he said he likes the smoother power of the honda, and the Honda stays together. Alot of Borichs YFZ problems were battery charging problems and electrical shit.

Look what quad just won at glen helen. Tim Farr won on his 450r :shrugani:

Scott I heard you mention you want to get Housers A-arms. Did you get a good look at Borich and Ballances' ARS front end ? You aughta really consider ARS. Houser is def a top end fabricator and i'd love to have set.

When are you gettin the maditory Hipers and Tire Balls ?? :D

Edited by Meat

Yeah first GNCC. Dammit I wanted to race. Woulda got my ass kicked, but it's hard to watch all those quads coming through the chutes and not wanna be on one.

Borich is older than I though I guess. The race book said 1982, so that'd make him 23. I'm really weighing on whether I want LT or std., all depends on the money in my bank. I'd friggin kill for a ARS-FX setup, but dunno how much the arms cost. You got a link on where to find them?

They were both getting really aggressive on that last lap, but I knew that Ballance wouldn't overtake him when Borich was still in the lead at the 4 mile mark. Borich came into the chutes on the final lap so fast around the curve that his quad spun out sideways and his left side was right at Ballance's front side. Borich just looked over at him like where you gonna go now... it was cool tho.

I'll see what I can do about those vids.

Later.