Titanium Swing

Mudd&Moo

:(

If anybody has wanted to buy a titanium swingarm +4for their banshee dont buy one from Raxperformance. Dont. I was excited at first knowing that it is lighter and stronger. All I ever did was talk good about it untill it broke while out riding by Marsh Station Rd near Tucson. I snapped in two and had it piggy back it Buy a HONDA (laugh it up). This company does not stand by their quality and craftsmanship or their warrenty. They tried to fix and made it a +1 and is still bent. They will not replace of give a refund. Dont not deal with these people or here are some before and after pics of my poor banshee

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The original swinger was a round tube design and they replaced it with a square tubing design? I know the round tube design is used mainly for drag due to less strength. I don't know that much about their products but that sure sucks no doubt and I feel your pain. I don't think the replacement looks too bad. It should definitely be stronger but man it would be hard to want to risk it at this point. How much did it cost if you don't mimd me asking?

it cost me about $826. This was a +4 to help keep the front end down now its about a +1 really has no use now. When it snapped it could only be draged by a honda no service roads anywhere. along with that being broke, axle is bent, rear roter bent, caliper destroyed, rear hubs loose on axle, toomy stingers bashed and holes in them, rear sproket bent, parking brake cable destroyed, steel braded rear line destroyed, brake light destroyed. Will cost me about $2000 to fix it without the swingarm. Will never use one of these again, but will be getting a lonestar. just letting out a little more fustration

I figured this would happen sooner or later.

I am a certified aerospace welder and am currently certified in titanium. You guys see the blue on that weld down the beam? If a titanium weld turns blue its concidered NO GOOD. If it turns white its SCRAP. To build a titanium swinger it has to be welded in an inert atmosphere(NO OXYGEN). After that it must go through an stress relive process within 72 hours of the first weld being done. This also has to be done in an ovenn with an inert atmosphere. It costs about 200.00 to fill a chamber with argon big enough to weld a swing arm. These processes to fabricate titanium is so costly that There is no way to make them cost effective. The welds these have are no good and they polish them to take away the discloration but its still a defective weld. In a nutshell the bad welds and the weld zone (heat affectted area) are brittle and will break like this one. Glad your not hurt.

Titanium isn't the best material for suspension because it will flex alot but will break before bending unless its heated to 1400 degrees to take a shape.

Hope this helps others in making a decision.

Gary @ quicksand