\Best Domes

05Special

I just put the exhaust on and reeds and its jetted now, i want more compression and was thinking of doing head work, can someone fill me in on what i'll need to get more compression, changing domes? heads? thanks

You can increase your compression with an aftermarket head and domes or by milling your stock head. On an aftermarket head, dome size is determined by what kind of fuel you want to run and your elevation. You don't say your timing is advanced or that your cylinders are ported which also come in to play when choosing domes.

If you will post your riding elevation or location and whether you are wanting to run pump gas or race gas, I'll help with dome selection if you choose to get an aftermarket head.

Others on here can answer questions about milling the stock head if you prefer that.

I ride at sea level, Pipes, v-force reeds, open airbox, no timing advance or porting. I want to get the most out of pump gas. What size domes?

I'd recommend 21cc domes and would run premium pump gas 91-93 octane.

Im going at about sea level myself,trinity exhuast,v froce reeds, port job in the near future also, gas will be around 102 with pump gas and 110 also most likely 50 50 mix, whjat would i compltetely need to do the job

I noticed in your other post that you had Trinity pipes and were going to get a Trinity head. They would probably be the best qualified to recommend which of their domes would work best.

• Like 1