aaahhhhhhhhhhh

trigg

i run a rz350 yvps motor with 28mm flatslide carbs but since i have rebuilt the bike i i have had a few running problems.

the bike will run but the left hand cylinder only pops and not really get warm while the right runs fine. re-synced the carbs first then i have cleaned the carb 3 times i have even swaped the pilot jets and main jetts side to side and blown out with compressed air i also have swaped the reed cages and plugs but still will not run 100% on the left cylinder so i swaped the plug leads over no change .

i reoved the right plug lead and conected a dummy plug on it so it would start just on the left cylinder and it did it also would rev as well but as soon as i reconected the right hand plug the left started poping and not getting hot.

i checked the commpresion and it's about 10bar (150psi) on both cylinders

any ideas i have the first race of the season next weekend

trigg

Edited by trigg

does it do this all through the rev range or just at idle trigg?? I had an identical problem at idle but as soon as you gave it gas shee was allright. I tried adjusting the idle speed adjusters on the carb and that didnt help so I adjusted the air screws and shee ran sweetly :dance:

give it a go mate and good luck with the race next weekend!

If your ever up at Toms farm drop me a PM I'll come down and say hi, its only about a half hour away

stu

right just been out to it again and sprayed the crank seal fly wheel side, base gasket intake manifolds with carb cleaner no change i have also swaped carbs but the problem is still on the left side so that rules out the jetting i suppose .

at idle it pops on the left side and not get hot but if i raise the idle useing the throttle or blip the throttle it seems to run but blows out a lot of white smoke

bloody confusing if you ask me.

is the coolant level staying constant?? It could be you got coolant spilling into your left cylinder?? :blink: could be your head nuts aren't torqued enough or a bad head gasket or o-rings if you've got a coolhead?---i couldnt see one listed in your sig. Are you using the rz head? It would probably be worth taking the head off and making sure the gasket is good and also making sure the head is completely flat on the cylinder side. But this would surely drop the compression a little? and you say the comp is the same in each cylinder......hhhmmmmm :shrugani: if that doesnt work im sure someone will chirp in with a suggestion ill keep thinking of any ideas mate

stu

• 8 months later...

i got the same problem right noe and i dont know what to do but i turn the engine on and it wants to turn off i keep hiting the gas for it can stay on and it pops from the left side and when i rev it up to like half the gas it stops but right when i let go it pops.i cleaned the carbs and reeds. i dont know what to do i just got into the banshe say 3 weeks ago and after i fixxed the cluthch cable it started to do this crap :angry: