Brakes Pads

FORMULASPEED

I just picked up a set of rear Vesrah brakes, an I was wondering if there any good? I paid $25 for them. I keep smokin rear brakes I just put new ones on in April an rode maybe 10 times. I dont know if its cause I dont use my fronts (cant get them to bite banghead ) or If there is something wrong with my rear caliper.

Or because those were $15 ebay brakes.

Brad,

I've gone down your path, 10 rides, and new pads. That happens to me any time I get anything but full metallic. Actually, some of the longest wearing pads I've used are stock. Another great choice, that wear equally as long, probably longer because they're thicker, are Moose. I don't know who is making them for Moose, but they're fantastic pads.

I had really bad luck with EBC and SBS, but then again, I didn't always get full metallic, I learned the hard way.

I'd never buy anything but the Moose or Stock again.

I bet the Vesrah will work okay, if they are metallic. I ran a replacemnet Vesrah clutch for a couple of years, and it was excellent.

BG

I don't know how the EBC's wear yet, but I do know they are the best brakes I have ever used on anything as for feel and stopping power. I'm sure that a pad with more stopping power won't last as long. I would assume there is a price to pay for better performance.

make your own! i know this sounds crazy but it can be done . all that is required are a set of car pads your old banshee steel blank with no pad left on it some tools and a lil

jb weld. i have made a set for every bike i have ever owned and they last eaisly 6 times as long as anything you can buy. i just got my shee about a month ago and it needs rear pads. if anyone would like me to do a write up with pics to show how its done let me know and ill post it its really easy and you dont have to be a rocket sientist to get r done

all that is required is to drill the rivets that hold the pad material to the cars blank. after removed cut the pad into the right size to fit the banshee blank and yes the pad material will be exactly twice as thick as nessisary for a banshee or any other bike so u guest it run it through the ban saw and now u have to pieces half as thick . so after they are cut to the square size u need and also bansawed into to halves makeing them 1/4 inch thick instead of 1/2 all that is left is to glue your new pad material onto your old blank! use a c-clamp to hold it together over night. now i know what you are thinking why should i trust this crappy epoxy with my braking power well read the pakage its grindable tapable machinable it does become metel or a close facsimile if there is any one that would like to see the process with discriptions and pics pm me or just reply to this post and ill get them up here asap

Edited by oldschool98

i noticed this the other day when doing some brake maintinance on the rear calliper of the banshee.the caliper off the z400 is the same one with bigger pads in it.the only difference is the mounting plate,the finish on it+the line is a little shorter.so i got another banshee mount(nyuk)and groung about 1/8 off the pad stop on the mount,so the bigger pads would fit in.now it has more pad surface to grab the rotor,it can only help.all you have to do is grind a little off your original mounting plate+you can install the bigger z 400 pads.i use the ebc sintered pads+would recomend them.

Oldschool,

Yeah post a how too. Im sure alot of people would be interested as I am.

There should be a tech section for the people that engineer there own stuff.

Alot of Ideas could be born from other ideas.

Since im on the subject of brakes how do know if your front master cylinder is broke? I cant get my front brakes to work nor has other people Ive had look at them. So I think im in the market to buy one If any on has one perferably a newer one thats silver shoot me a pm thank you

Edited by FORMULASPEED

I just picked up a set of rear  Vesrah brakes, an I was wondering if there any good? I paid $25  for them. I keep smokin rear brakes  I just put new ones on in April an rode maybe 10 times. I dont know if its cause I dont use my fronts (cant get them to bite ) or If there is something wrong with my rear caliper.

Or because those were $15 ebay brakes.

The last set of pad I bought were VESRAH and so far I love them.There the only other pad that has last as long as my stock ones did.

These pads lasted less than half a season(sintered metal)

EBC

DP

Parts Unlimited

SBS

These pads lasted ONE! ride,no bullshit(organic)

Tusk

Tuff Stop

Our wet season seems to be very hard on brake pads,especially the cheap ones.

The EBC sintered R series heavy duty.

303189[/snapback]

I swear by the EBC R pads.

As they both said, I also swear by the EBC R pads. They have a great feel and grab hard, especially with stainless lines. I've been running mine since last summer, June I think, and they've still got some pretty good thickness on them.

allright i think there may be a little desire to see the diy pads so give me a few and ill have the run down with pics i will post them in the banshee mod repair section as we wont be reveiwing a product we will be reveiwing a mod slash build up of sorts . post with pics soon to come

Edited by oldschool98