clutch question

so when i start up the bike in nutral pull the clutch and shift up or down, it stalls. but if i start it in gear it will start up.  i just put new dirt digger clutch plates in and i have a new cable every thing about that is adjusted properly.

anyone know what the deal is?  :shootself:    banghead

299590[/snapback]

Is this only when the engine is cold? If so and you adjusted everything properly like you said, it normal. You may be able to eliminate the problem by switching oils.

Is this only when the engine is cold? If so and you adjusted everything properly like you said, it normal.  You may be able to eliminate the problem by switching oils.

299591[/snapback]

i noticed this happend before too but didnt think much of it. well i let the engine run for about 10 minutes ideling so if you consider that warm? i dont think the oil had a chance to warm up at all. glad to hear its normal though. i just bought 12 of them quart containers for like $20 or so i forget how much it was. what happens? are the clutch plates sticky or somehting? what causes this to happen? thanks for the reply. :cheers:

I have the same problem, but for me its a little more complicated. The clutch baskets wear out after a while and they get grooves in them. When this happens the plates get caught in these grooves so they don't disengage right. Idk if this is your problem but if it aint the oil, it's probably that.