first ride review after rebuild and rockets

superchicken

well i finally got my she back togher today,and to make a long story short she f-in ripps.

heres a list of mods i had before the rebiuld,so u can compare the difference

mx ported

fatties

dyna cdi

stock carbs

ported boysen cages with power reeds

14-41 gearing

power was good down low ran outs pull way to early to really scream

now for the engine mods after the rebiuld

5mill long rod crank

28 mill mikunies

v-force2

clamp on k&n's

rocket pipes

ebc kevlar clutch

wiseco basket

hinson p.plate

engine ice

passion bore job and 795 pistons(great job i must say jim did)

kept the same gearing waiting on a chain to see if ill be able to pull a 17 tooth front

and kept the dyna cdi.kept it in the stock position for break in and first ride.

well after getting the starting point figured out for jetting i broke it in with 24-1 yamalube for a gallon.a series of heat cycles,and took it for a putz around the yard keeping it in first and gradually worked it through the gears and throttle.i never got past half throttle.

now the reviews.rocket pipes-not much different than my fattys down low,if any but they pull way harder and longer than the fatties.i can acually say i have more torque down low than before.i dont know if it is because of the long rod and v-force,i dont know.

but i do know on frozen grass stab the throttle in second and she jumps up sideways.

i also took itdown the road and ran it through the gears,rolling onto the gas to about half throttle and i was very impressed with the pull.i cant wain till i get to tuning the carbs and really ripping on her.

and i am going to dyno her.sorry for the novel,i just kept going :rolleyes: