Not running right

Maverick302

ok, when I started it up about a week ago, the left side wouldn't fire above ~7000rpms and as it got hotter, it got worse. I cleaned the plugs and tried new ones/switching them, and it doesn't improve. I tried a spare br8ev iridium plug and it seemed to work better, but still wouldn't fire. I swapped the leads, still nuthin. The right side works fine, so that eliminates ignition or gas problems. I did clean the exhaust and went through the carb, still not helpin. Compression is 137 and 138. It's confusin the hell outta me. No one I know of knows engines like me and have no clue how a two stroke works.

your Compression is 137 and 138??, wow did the coolheads gave you that much compression by themselves?? or are there any other mods??

as far as the problem goes i'd make sure the carbs are synchronized, sounds like one cilinder is not getting the right amount of air/fuel mixture. or the carbs need cleaning and it wouldn't hurt to check your reeds for cracks breaks and reed petal clearance as well.

Edited by 2stroke_addict

I guess so, haven't taken the motor apart yet, and NYUK bought it from some girl who got it out of a divorce settlement or sumthin. She knew nothing about it. Anyways, Reeds are fine, and nothing changed between it running fine and giving problems. I'll check the synchronization anyways though. It runs fine at low R's. IDK, maybe I'll take it to East Coast ATV, my uncle knows Dave who runs it. Until then I'll keep cleanin and checkin. What I don't understand is how the iridium plug helped. O well, more time spent in the garage in 30 degree weather.

If you swapped the plug wires from one side to the other you eliminated any ignition/spark issues. I would pull the carb and make sure the pilot and main jets are completely clean. Try a leak down test to check for air leaks. It's probably something fuel related.