Truck Tires

michelin ltx m/s also. they are a exelent all around tire+they wear like iron.it took me allmost 70ooo mi to reach the tread wear bars.they are only a 6 ply tire with a c load rating.i drive a 3/4 ton dodge+pull a 5000lb trailer+never had a tire related problem with them.i'm working on my 3rd set now +would highly recomend.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey...... I got one of the 1500HD's    :shrugani:

286838[/snapback]

Boonman is just used to a little overkill with his trucks, he has/had some monsters...so we arent worthy :notworthy:

Really he knows his shit, just doesnt like our trucks. As long as we do, thats all that matters.

After Scott's opinion I looked into the Bridgestone/Firestone tires... Hell the Dueler M/T has all around better marks than the BFG AT'. This tells me the BFG's are WAYYY over rated , and to many ppl are buying them as part of a fad. Anyone else got some input on the B/F- stone tires? Looks like these might be the way to go :unsure:

Led, if I remember correct a 31 will fit under a stock Dakota 4wd, I dont think under a 2wd. They just sit a little to low.

Edited by Screamin_Banshee

I am running Goodyear MT/Rs.  Best tires I have used.  Good mud traction and last awhile.  Never really towed with them though.

286834[/snapback]

these tires are the shit. fuckers hook up in sand, dirt, mud, slickrock, whatever. i love my 31x10.50's. :headbang:

i saw those firestone dueler MT's at a sop the other day and they look pretty frickin mean also.

Not a problem guys. (on the 1500HD's) I am not a big fan of Chevy though. My brother just bought a new 2500 HD, and in less than 1,000 miles of back and forth to work driving, the front differential AND the transmisison grenaded. Oh well. There is a bad apple in every lot I guess.... (with respect to his truck.,...) Anyways, I see more and more 1/2 tons out there doing the work of the heavier trucks. :headbang: Which is alright. Pushing something is the way it was meant to be done!! And hauling your trailers you mentioned isn't going to be a problem. Even with a 6 ply tire. I would go 8 though. Just to be safe in case things heat up a little on a long haul. Myself, I have to worry about GVWR and GCWR and what not. I haul some heavy loads. I should have a 450 dually. But that is too much for daily driving.... :cry: I didn't mean to sound condescending, and after re-reading my original post, I se that's how it was interpreted... I was mainly playin around a little. :P I mean, who am I to talk? I stuffed a 400 horse small block in my S-10 Blazer. I hauled a 20' enclosed trailer with it. :unsure: Sucked because I couldn't see ANYTHING behind me. And I was really overweight. And when I got stopped, I realized only then what laws I Was breaking..... Sure, the rig could pull it fine. but it was very unsafe. banghead At any rate, with no lift at all, but the torsion bar "tuning" you did, you ought to be able to squeak some 33" meats under there with some minor trimming on the front valance. In that regard, I would HIGHLY recommend some Wild country Radial RVT's. Really luggy tread, and excellent road manners. I ran a set of 33's on my Dodge for 2 years. I still have them. lol. they are 16.5" rim though. Cheap tire. 8 ply steel radial. Can't beat them. I would have a set of them on my truck now, but they don't make them in anything larger than a 33" tire....

On the Dakota, (2WD) you will fit 31" rubber on there with a body lift. I have done 2 of them. Be careful if you want rims though. Don't space them out at all. They will rub. :( Body lifts are cheap. And on that truck, it is easy. Hardest thing was putting the steering shaft spacer in. Other than that, it was a breeze.

I'm a little late on replying here considering everyone and their mother has already suggested a tire for you. Anyway, I currently run Parnelli Jones Dirt Grips on my truck. They are a little bit on the expensive side, but I will not run anything else ever. I have had no problems with them and I tow some pretty heavy weight sometimes. I even think these tires are better in the sand then the super swampers. They make the dirt grips in stock tire sizes as well, but I am currently running a 36/14.50/15. Best tire in the world

I run Dunlp Radial Mud Rovers. Although I don't know much about tires, and this was the first set I've ever boughten so far...I can gladly say they are nice. 100 bux a piece --> 33x12.5/15 Can't go wrong. I paid $440 shipped to my door. I don't have too many miles on them yet, but I've heard from other people they've had over 40k on them and they were maybe half gone. I do a little bit of offroad and have never gotten stuck. Been in mud halfway up the tires and pulled myself out in 2wd. They probably aren't any good for towin shit, but if anybody wants a nice cheap yet good tire to run, I'd say hit these up.

And led...kickass dog you got there! I have a beagle myself.

Edited by QuadMX

I have a set of BFG AT/KO's on my 2500 Dodge, bought them last October and they are working great. Not wearing bad and ride good too. We shall see how they work out.

I also have a set of the Michelin LTX AT's on my 4Runner, bought them over 10 years ago and they still look great. Great snow/ice traction and quiet on the road too. These things are wearing excellent.