"ride of pride"

tithead

it was rare_scottish_tree_badger`s (RSTB) first outing on his "new" second hand banshee. we left here at about 11:30pm this evening and decided to race down to the pub as last orders were getting close. all went fine on the way down apart from speeding through a speed camera and the small police chase we caused :P

on the way back we decided to take back roads as we were told from a "source" the police were at a very close by layby. about 1/5 of the way home we hit the single track roads. harehope opened up his banshee and i decided to follow after a 4 seconds delay of heating my hands from exjaust fumes. we got about 100 ft along and i hung back.

i was praying that RSTB would slow down for the corner and for a minute it looked like he did but after i opened my eyes again from blinking i saw him hitting a holly bush hedge and the quad cart wheeling along the grass verge.

i was quite a bit behind so i gunned it to see if he was ok. as soon as i got there he got up, walked over, and burst out laughing!

he wasnt hurt, the bike isnt hurt which is lucky but im still convinced there was some sort of wall at the hedge that stopped him from flying over into the feild of cows.

oh well, we`r laughing about it now! i supose the crash wouldnt have been so bad if he had proper lights on his banshee, instead of a 12volt hand lanp conected to a 12volt battery that was sitting between his legs.

we`r going back tomoro to look for the battery. :lol: