Sundahl Frame?

decon

I was told he only made a few and is no longer making them if you find out let em know i would love to have one myself

278611[/snapback]

yea im gonna find out, because those things look tough. hope it doesnt cost too much <_<

278630[/snapback]

I saw one run comp at buttercup and i wasn't impressed with it. It bounced a lot through the woops where as the stock frame bikes would stick to the ground a little more. Could have been shock setup though.

yea i noticed it bounced alot in this video, but thats nothing. the suspension on those things are awsome, you probly wouldnt even notice the bouncing. or maybe it was some bumps he was riding on? here is the video of a guy with a Sundahl Frame, hes bouncing around also, but notice that hes riding on a section of bumps.

http://www.sandbros.com/videos/keithhaul.MOV

and sudahl is known for his long travel desert setups, they're designed to be flying across the baja at 90 mph and just eat it up. cruisin around at the dunes is probably not what they're really designed for. And be prepared to open your wallet if you find he is still making them.

Doesn't look like a lot of the big whoops are transfering to the frame. Just a lot of tire movement.

I agree. Watch it in slo-mo and you'll see the suspensions workin pretty good, he's moving through those bumps, the frame isn't moving too much and he's not being bucked around. You let a stock banshee hit it through there at that speed and I guarantee it won't make it past the 3rd or 4th whoop, at least the rider won't.

Edited by sredish

and sudahl is known for his long travel desert setups, they're designed to be flying across the baja at 90 mph and just eat it up.  cruisin around at the dunes is probably not what they're really designed for.

278797[/snapback]

well, i dont haul ass around the dunes, but it would still be cool to have one, the suspension is so sweet. how do you think they would preform in the dirt?

I think they're a little tall for mx, but in a XC environment, think they may be pretty kickass, a tad long maybe. I'm def no suspension guru tho. :shrugani: I'd give my left nut to run one on a desert course, man would that be fun as hell. For trails, I'm sure they'd work, but then why would someone pay that kinda dough just to play on trails.

Edited by sredish

That frame/suspension set-up would perform great no matter what surface your running on as long as it was a straight one. The key is you don't want to have to make any quick turns cause the downfall of anything with long travel suspension is body roll.

@ sredish: ya it would be a waste just for trails, but i ride trails and dunes, so it wouldn't be for me :D .

@ RNBRAD: thanks for that info. most of the times i dont make quick turns while im riding, unless on messing around on a track.

altogether, im just trying to find out how much the frame costs,and is it worth it.

I believe it was Dirt Wheels recently had an article on the Trinity Sandahl Banshee. They had a price list of everything done to it. If I can rememeber correctly that frame was in the neighborhood of 5 grand. The total price of that quad was around 30k. :whoa:

I believe it was Dirt Wheels recently had an article on the Trinity Sandahl Banshee. They had a price list of everything done to it. If I can rememeber correctly that frame was in the neighborhood of 5 grand. The total price of that quad was around 30k. :whoa:

279025[/snapback]

did you say 5 grand?!?!?! :bolt: