Rode rm 250 for fist time

williamjernigan

I was sitting in my house yesterday and my friend came up to the door and he said lets go race. I said what did you get, he said a rm 125 with pipes and reeds. I said heck no atleast not until my banshee is modded up. Anyway I had never in my life rode a dirtbike so I went to ride and come to find out it was a rm 250. The problem I had with it was that I have never used a twist throttle and when I hit the front brakes I was accidentally pulling back on the throttle as well. Any way I was only in first and just laid it down. I tried again and then I got going good and went up to 3rd and downshifted back to first and I got to confident and revved that mutha up to much and the front end popped up and I ended giving it more gas and the thing just through me off. Today I feel like some has a pole stuck up my talehole every time I sit down. I guess a 250 two stroke with pipes isn't the best bike to begin with.

man i rode a kx 80 about 8 yrs ago i was puttin around mashed it the powerband hit stood the damn thing up straight up. left off of it adn got off of it adn pushed to the owner. since that time i rode a rm125, which for some reason wasnt as mean.

i like my shit to be on the ground with 4 wheels

The same 97 Rm 250 that I rode I raced just to see how much difference their was. I was supprised how well I kept up with him. I know that the engine was in good shape and runs good because of how it responds and how it sounds. Anyway I was on reserve when I raced him so that helped with the weight and he was a good rider. We raced about 250 yards. The first time I got him off the line and beet him but he was walking me down. The second time I got him again off the line but barely and he beat me. The third time we were dead even off the line and I kept neck and neck with him until about 3rd gear. He had about 3 quad links ahead of me. I was wondering if I could beat him or atleast give him a run for his money after I install my parts. I raced him with my 03 stock banshee. I am putting on k&n airfilter with lid off, fmf sst's, 15 tooth front sprocket and rejetting. Should I beet him in about the same distance or will he still eat me up after about 3rd gear.

I raced my brother-in-laws RM250, I believe it was around a 2002 model. My Banshee was piped and that was about it. Only place we had to race was on a dirt road. We lined up and he told me to go whenever I got ready. Well I took off and he immediately wheelied past me like I was sitting still. I was like what the f@#$. We did it again with the same results. Anyway, I figured he was definitely getting way more traction than I was cause I sure couldn't wheelie the banshee on that dirt road, all I did was spin the tires wildly. I wanted a rematch on pavement and he refused so I couldn't say what would happen in that scenario.

either there is something wrong with the rm or he doesn't know how to drive........I SMOKE ANY stock quad anywhere on my YZ.......

I outran my buddies built craptor by 3 quad lengths......and that thing flys to just be a stock bore high compression motor......with a ported head and stage 2 hot cam......

the power to weight ratio of a quad is not even close 2 a yz/rm250

if the pilot of the bike knows what they are doin they should have straight smoked ur stock shee.........