need help fat on right lean on left

ssbanshee

ok My bike start 1st and idels on both cylnders for ever it has good low end power but just stutters like it is lean up top but when i pull the plugs i am lean not real lean but really light brown on the left side im rich and wet on the right like it is not even sparking at high rpms. it also feels like it is not reving but proly cuz it ant hitting on both up top i checked for air leaks and i have the same jets and needle settings on bot carbs i have 181 psi on bot sides banghead

Edited by ssbanshee

Are they the stock carbs? That can be somewhat common for stock carbed shees. Something to do with the choke circuit. Have you cleaned the carbs, and checked the jets for clogs or anything? Look behind the flywheel for any oil to see if the left seal is leaking, if that starts leaking, it can suck a little air and cause the left side to lean as well, but it would probably be more than slightly leaner.

Check to see if your carbs are synced and the idle is adjusted the same for both sides.Then make the airscrews the same and start over.Had a similar problem a couple years ago and could,'t figure out why one carb needed 1.5 turns out and the other liked 1 3/4 turns out.

Turns out carbs were out of sync and one slide was open about 1/16 more than the other at idle.

Now I check the carbs twice a year.Unbelievable the difference when the carbs are perfectly in sync.

Edited by Nightrider