v-force

myecrip

How I understand it is the 3's have the same reed on the inside and out, the 2's have different reeds on the outside VS inside. The inside reed is suposed to open easier for better response but cant open very far and the outside reed is stiffer but opens farther for top end. The 3's achieve the same effect I believe by using different rev plates on inner and outer reeds. They should be theoretically the same. I know on the 2's you can adjust the rev plate to lessen the stiffness on the reeds at the expense of shorter reed life and slight risk of failure. That kind of makes me wonder about the 3's reliability having a less stiff reed plate rather than a more limber reed on the inside. The 3's are supposed to be more easily adjustable or finetunable or something. Either way they should be nearly the same performance wise out of the box. Just different adjustability on the reed stiffness. It probably wouldn't be a good idea to mess with the reed adjustments on a machine just used for recreation anyway.