Ignition coil and spark plugs

KiwiBanshee

Hi there,

Been having trouble with a weak spark and my quad not firing up seems that my coil is stuffed it had resistance accross + and - but not between - and leads. have remove leads and still nothing. In NZ an ignition coil costs around $275. do any other bikes have a compatible coil so maybe i can get one from a wrecker?? Dont want to spend $275 and find out its not the problem.

Cheers

Do you know anyone else with a shee? If so you could swap it out just to see if it works.

If not, I supose I could send you down my spare if you want.

You could give it a try, and if it works we can work out a price, if not you can just send it back up.

lukeslobbe@datacom.co.nz or 021 1313946

Luke

Xtshee thanks for the offer, Have a mate that has a banshee will try and get his when he gets back from Holiday. Can any damage be done by trying another coil?? will any other yamaha road or trail bike coil work with the banshee??

Cheers

No damage will happen to the other coil. That's the best route. I've tested two coils and they never to read like the clymers manual says they should when going through the spark plug wire to the leads.