boyesen carbon reeds

theeechozen1

• 2 weeks later...

Guys I've also got this problem with some replacement TRD reeds. Ive tried flipping them but they still wont seat fully. Will this cause any problems ? Sorry for the dig up of an old post but I did the right thing and searched before posting a new topic :clap:

:bolt:

Edited by Gobbler

chances are it wont cause a problem at all. Now if you've got a whole bunch of them sticking pretty far off from closed then I'd flip them around and such.

When your engine creates vacuum its gonna close them up. It'd be best to have them closed, but a little bit aint gonna kill you.

Like he said,they will fall into place,but make sure the surface was clean and there were no "burrs" from where they puched out the reeds.Sometime theres a fine edge on the corner of the reeds.Use a razorblade to gently scrape it off..

When you run your finger over the edge of the reeds,you'll feel one side has a sharper edge than the other,that side should go down on the block.