Sand Sports Suprer Show

DUNEDEMON

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

probably a c/f tank cover that goes between the stock tankhalves or frame guards...

I picked up a lonestar axle and some more billet

Thats what I figured, but was just curious. Damb, you spent some $$. All I bought was some T-shirts and a new tow strap for me, sweatshirt for the wife, and a small "Got Sand?" T-shirt for my son, oh and a bunch of those $6 beers....

Yea i bougth some shirts stikers for the wife, i will throw up so current pcs of the new toys when i get them loaded on the cpu and hosted..

picked up the axle for 320 after tax thought that was a deal lonestar web site says 410 plus shipping a buddy just got one from them and paid that..

They are some funky looking really small paddles,,, they where using them at dumont and claim they are the best in the world better than haulers or the the sand stars... they are cut down by a co called tires unlimited i believe... they did not seem to impress me to much i will stick with the norm.my .02 banshee 370 might have more info he talks to them more

Sand tires Ultd. is the company (they are well known in the sand rail industry) You're right they look like a cut down version of a sand rail rear paddle tire. Nick & Dane from Sand Addicition are running them too, was just looking for some un biased feedback. they look funny as hell.

Dunedemon:

I dont have the names of the tires offhand. I will find out for you though. (I think they are mini desert traks) Here is MY opinion of them. I have never owned a set but I have ridden bikes with them.

Traction:

Almost as good as a set of Haulers. They hook very well and throw little to no roost. I woud like to compare the same bike w/ 2 sets of tires... but never had the time. They hook VERY well for what they look like and I would put them up just about any straight or V paddle. I havent seen a V paddle give great "straight line performance" and any straight paddle sucks for turning. These seem to be the best of both worlds

Handling:

They handle as good as any high quality "V" shaped paddle, but with better off line accelleration. Hard to get both from one set of paddles.

overall:

They can be regular cut or competition cut. Comp cut will yield the most amount of traction and will also help on weight savings. When riding in groups (inline) the person behind you will barely get roosted. If you have ever followed anyone with Haulers... you will realize how much that sucks! These are a pleasure to follow behind. Only downfall that I know of is cost, availability and weight. I know I wouldnt hesitate to purchase a set..... Its just not worth it for me when I only see dunes once a year.

I can get you Mike's email addy if you would like more info