hurricane charlie...

tithead

i no im not the most respected person on this sight cos i talk alot of shit but i hope you can take time to reaad this post even if you dont like me!

i just opened todays paper and on page 13 i saw the results, in florida, of hurricane charlie. most of the topic is on how british holiday makers fled for there lives as the hurricane ripped throo florida, "like a hot knife through butter". i was more interested in you americans! the paper states that 5000 national guard soldiers and airmen are on alert to help deal with the disaster and there is pics of Port Charlotte, Punta Gorda, naples and Fort Myers to go with this story.

i hope every1 that got caught in the hurricane is safe and well, althought i no alot of people have been killed and, by the way the pics look in this paper, i hope no1 else will die.

i am going to ask if we could all give a few words to the man above for those who have lost there lives, and i hope most americans in florida and in surrounding areas and esspecially HQers out there, didnt get hit to bad.....

i didnt no how bad this storm was until today and im hoping every thing will be back to normal asap for the poeple who got caught in it.......although it looks like it shall take some time!

on a last note i hope reas11 is ok!! if any1 is in touch with him please let us no if he and other HQers in the area are ok!

tithead

well us in lakeland are alright, we got hella lucky in that the storm took a sudden turn to the northeast at the last minute before it hit land and all we got was 50 mph wind and 4-5 inches of rain. not too bad considering that bartow and ft mead are totally ruined and they are only 30 minutes down the road...

my sister just moved down there (near orlando) and they were told they might be without power for 1-4 days but i dont think they ended up losing power at all. sounds like all went well for them although parts of the coast didnt fare so well. i agree with the scotsman - they can all use our prayers and concerns for the time being.

by the way, i havent been on this forum for ages, has anyone missed me??? i bet you all didnt even notice i was gone, what a shame :D

zach