Fitting pipes

My left side pipe and silencer fit together but the silencer doesnt line up with the holes int he frame.. banghead They are actually pretty far away, about 1 1/2 inches too far back.

Just wanted to know if its ok to grind down the header where it meets the silencer?

NO! Do not grind down the header pipe. Do you have the pipe hangers on the header pipe? If you do, take it off and then try to put the silencer on. This will give you some more room to get it to fit. Once you get the bolt in the silencer then go back and put the pipe hanger on.

good thing I posted... I was going to do it.

the hangers are off, and the silencer is hooked on, the mounting holes are still away about an inch and a half, and in order to get them to fit, I had to push with all my might and have someone put the bolt in... That also bent the bracket a little and offset the other mounting hole on the silencer. It made it sit about 2 inches further away from the hole it hooks too.. That is the one where it mounts to the grab bar.

Any suggestions? Why cant I grind down the pipe?

Is there any chance your frame is bent? You shouldn't have to cut the pipe to get it to fit. Are you twisting the silencer as you push it on the header? If you cut it, it could be too short next time you go to install after having it off. Is the header flush up against the cylinder where they meet all the way around. You could try to file the edge down smooth of the header pipe where it goes into the silencer. Maybe it catching and not letting it go in as far as it should.

I'm pretty sure its all the way in... If something on it was holding it from going in, me pushing as hard as I could shoulda made it budge! I think my engine might not be centered... How do I check that :huh:

I've got all tonight to work on her, but friday night I get home from work at 8 and am heading up north with her for 2 weeks, so... I kinda need to fix it ASAP!

If I cut it down... and I had everything mounted right, just bent frame or offset engine, whatever, it should go on fine from then on out right? Cause I dont plan on getting rid of them.. So..