Get nerf bars

CoopBanshee

Well Guys,

I was doing some hill climbing when my foot simply slipped off of the peg and got gobbled up by my back tire. This was at the bottom of the hill before I even started the climb. I must of got knocked off of balance by a small hole or something. Anyway my foot is ankle is broke in three plases, both sides and the back bone of the ankle. I needed to get a surgerey and am going to be in a cast for 8 weeks. Right now I am typing this on perkecetes so don't mind the spelling.

Anyway, long storry short I wish I could go back in time and buy some nerf bars and riding boots. I think it would have done me much better than stock foot pegs with shell toes.

Compared with the money I will loose from work I could have bought 20 pairs of nerf bars, probably more.

But as they say hindsight is 20-20.

I didn't even fall off the shee. My buddy saw the whole thing happen and said that it didn't even look bad. Oh well, glad it didn't happen in 6th gear, you know.

I will probably sell it when I get around to walking a little bit more. I know I am pussing out but I can never get on that thing and ride it the way it ought to be ridden after an accident like that. If I got hurt again I would never forgive myself.

Anyway those are my centiments now.

Coop

lol sorry to hear the unforutne. i fell off broke my probation got staple in my head. and could barly breath. i cant wait to get my shit back together. -2 swing arm moded shit star lighend flywheelshaved head. and polished alumium. plus i switched my front tires around so i should be riding a whole new beast.

your are afrade of the trama you got from you wipe out? did you know if you add resentment to past trama you can feel all the same emotions you did when you broke your ankle. fear panic mayham. i was the calmest one there when i wiped. but it sounds like you already made up your mind. peace

almost the same thing happened to me about 3 years ago on my friends blaster, my foot slipped off the peg and the tire tried to eat my leg. it ripped the skin off of the back of my leg from about the bottom of my knee to 3 inches above my ankle, and ripped my brand new fox pants to hell. i knew that it had hurt, but i didnt even know that i was bleeding until like 5 minutes later when i pulled up to the rest of the guys i was riding with, and they said "hey man, are you alright? what happened?!" i then looked down and proceded to pass out. id like to think i passed out from loss of blood, but i think i just saw it and freaked out. when i woke up i was at the hospital.

Simalar thing happened to my when I was

stationed in SD. I had taken the stock heal

gaurds of the shee and went riding. Took a

small jump and my foot slipped off the peg.

when i landed my leg was under the back

tire in about third gear. It ripped some skin

off my leg bettween the riding boots and my

shorts and bruised the living heck out of it.

I used fast orange and a t-shirt to clean the

wound and went back to riding. The next day

my buddie is like. Hey you wanna ride. So I

went limping all the way. Good times!!!! :dance:

Got nerf bars the following week....ac pro-peg

They are nice!!!!

unlucky i had the same thing the other day. i had taken of the stock nerfsand when i landed a jump my foot slipped and got stuck between the rear tires and chain skid plate. i was stuck there for about 20 minits cos id forgotton my cell phone and i was in a field on my own. luckaly i was wearing riding boots so i got away with a twisted ankle :dance:

Edited by SteveYfs200

Sounds like this is a re-occuring problem with us. I was riding at Little Sahara in OK. The clutch blew out of my bike so I was riding a spare we had brought along. The heel gaurds etc weren't on this machine. I hit a small jump doing about 40mph and my right foot slipped of the peg and the rear tire proceeded to chew the back and side of my leg up. Not to mention my foot that was bent totally backards. If not for the soft sand I'm sure I would have had a broken ankle. I didn't think I was ever gonna get the bike stopped, it seemed like it took 5 minutes before Icould get my leg out. lucily all I had was a couple burn marks from tire friction.

Sounds like this is a re-occuring problem with us. I was riding at Little Sahara in OK. The clutch blew out of my bike so I was riding a spare we had brought along. The heel gaurds etc weren't on this machine. I hit a small jump doing about 40mph and my right foot slipped of the peg and the rear tire proceeded to chew the back and side of my leg up. Not to mention my foot that was bent totally backards. If not for the soft sand I'm sure I would have had a broken ankle. I didn't think I was ever gonna get the bike stopped, it seemed like it took 5 minutes before Icould get my leg out. lucily all I had was a couple burn marks from tire friction.

couldent you have jut killed the engine by flicking the off the switch?