piston size

i was told there are wiseco pistons in the bike but i dont kow what size they are. it has 2 numbers on them 51 and 25 does anyone know what they mean exactly? im gonna email wiseco to see but figure i would ask here first. thanks

it means my sausage is 51mm wide and yours is 25mm long. :lol:

couldn't resist the smartass attempt...

are piston rings suposed to move in the piston? i would only assume that this is normal. is there anyway to tell if the rings are worn?. i just took the engine off the frame and i'm gona rebuild it in the next couple weeks.

also what kind of feelr gauge do i need to check the distance between the flywheel and that stator spark thing? thanks

ok i just found out that my piston size is 64.25 mm i dont know what the bore should be and what the service limit is. i have wiseco pistons, not sure what kind i think they only sell forged ones right? if anyone knows that would be great, i would like to measure them tommorrow. thanks :clap:

you can find a conversion chart on the interent. you have to know the size of the pistons though. dont just mic the piston and decide from that because if its forged it will expand and you will end up with a different measurement. so get the numbers off them and find out. once you do that and say you have 65.50 pistons you can covert that into inches and mic that. the guy at wiseco told me that there is suposed to be .003 thousanths clearence. mine are a tad smaller though. its like -.001 clearence soo. i guess once it heats up it will sit good. i just need to hone the cylinders and get it back together. if you want i have the chart in my favorits and will tell ya what its supposed to be. peace