Top End Flutter

Hey guys, lately in the very high rpms my quad flutters/misses. Runs excellent otherwise, but it's most noticeable when drag racing when I'm really twistin on it. I didn't have this problem until after I put different reeds and cages in. I bought them used off of eBay and I'm pretty sure that they are boysen rad valves but not positive. I've eliminated the possibility of jetting so I'm down to these. The question is, these new cages don't have the stopper plates (you know, the curved reed stops like on the stock ones). They only have the small plate that goes overtop the bottom of the reeds (like most aftermarket setups). So all I can figure is the reeds are opening too far and not closing fast enough at high rpms and causing the bike to flutter, but would a new set of reeds cure this, or should I go back to the stock cages with the stop plates. Any opinions would be appreciated, thanks! :D