lights dont work

Sounds like you either have... 1) a bad ground, or 2) a flaky switch.

The switches are quite servicable. Pull 'em apart, take pics of where stuff goes, etc. I spray mine down with brake cleaner or some other non-residual stuff thats safe for electrical systems, scuff all the contacts with emry paper (or now that I'm lazy, a Dremel, carefully), coat everything with dielectric grease, and reassemble.

As for the bad ground.. check your ground wires. Mine had a bad one when I got the bike. Just scuffed up where it connected to the frame so it was metal on metal, put dielectric grease on it, and put it back together and it was fine.

i had a black wire that was disconnected....i fixed it but still nothing. The only thing only thing not wrong is the engine it still starts first kick. My kill switch, headlights, or tail lights dont work. Do u think thats some thing could be wrong with the switch cuz the kill switch stoped working first then about 4 months later the head lights just stopped working along with the tail light

I agree with hillcrazedbanshee. When my kill switch quit working, I took it apart and found the contact strip was out of the groove and dirt covered. Put it back in the groove and cleaned the contacts, and have not had a problem with it since.

Or it could be the whole switch assembly (lights, and kill) is disconnected at the wire harness connector.

Good luck.