Should I start over? Blown motor!!!!!!!!!!

:cry: It just stopped running the other day and i tried to kick it over a few hours later and i could stand on the kick starter before it turned over... i pulled her apart and saw that the left side has scares all over the head and on top of the piston banghead , & the con rod is stuck on the crank (left side)... its not welded on there but it's pretty stiff.

Should i Just start over or can i slavage my crank and just get a new top end and a new left rod? :yank:

I"M BROKE!!!!!!!!! i've had this bike 3 months and i've already put 355$ into a broken cluth rod. :angry:

That sucks dude, sorry to hear about that. Like Sredish said, split the cases and inspect the crank.

If you can, post pics as you go along and I'm sure the guys here will advise you on what to do next.

As for being broke, I've been there more times than I care to remember, it normally passes. ;)

Edited by J..J.

Banshees are easy to work on. Just tear it apart and see what has to be done. Post some pictures first. You aren't looking at alot of money to get a connecting rod and a piston + rings. Hopefully the crank is alright.

the exact same shit happend to my shee about two months ago. the rod bearing went out on the left side. I just went ahead and replaced the crank. I figured that the crank I had in was the original 87 which was the main reason I replaced it besides the face that it needed a new rod and bearing. My top end wasn't as bad as your's though. I ended up honing the cylinders and running the same pistons as before.