Still have low end issues

Well, I had a post awhile back, thought I fixed the prob, But I guess I didnt.

OK, Its my low end, it is in the 0-1/4 throttle range. I have some putting on occasion out of my exhaust, not quite a backfire. Also some hesitation on the 0-1/4 throttle. Once I open her up she is great on the power band and anything above 1/4 throttle. When she is warmed up she Idles fine, usually starts on the first or second kick.

I checked my carbs for sync, looks good, adjusted my airscrews, (2 turns out). I did read Meats web page (banshee zone), it was some help. I havent made any recent mods to the bike. All I have is a K&N in the airbox with a outerwear. My right side seems to throw a little more smoke than the left.

I have run 32:1 93 octane since she was new. She has always run well, then this spring, for some reason she was running rich and was smoking a lot, I am pretty good about making sure my mixture is mixxed right., so I diluted it with some regualr gas (because I thought maybe I mixxed it rich before I stored her in the shed for the winter, and yes it was old gas, but what the hell). That seemed to cure the problem, but now she seems to have this 0-1/4 throttle issuse. And I did take my carbs apart and cleaned them, they were nice and clean, the jets looked good. I didnt take the float (s) out, because it looked like I would break something. That pin that holds the float in looked pressed in, so I didnt want to break anything to take the floats out.

Any sugestions? :wacko:

Edited by dogboystoy

Well, I had a post awhile back, thought I fixed the prob, But I guess I didnt.

OK, Its my low end, it is in the 0-1/4 throttle range. I have some putting on occasion out of my exhaust, not quite a backfire. Also some hesitation on the 0-1/4 throttle. Once I open her up she is great on the power band and anything above 1/4 throttle. When she is warmed up she Idles fine, usually starts on the first or second kick.

I checked my carbs for sync, looks good, adjusted my airscrews, (2 turns out). I did read Meats web page (banshee zone), it was some help. I havent made any recent mods to the bike. All I have is a K&N in the airbox with a outerwear. My right side seems to throw a little more smoke than the left.

I have run 32:1 93 octane since she was new. She has always run well, then this spring, for some reason she was running rich and was smoking a lot, I am pretty good about making sure my mixture is mixxed right., so I diluted it with some regualr gas (because I thought maybe I mixxed it rich before I stored her in the shed for the winter, and yes it was old gas, but what the hell). That seemed to cure the problem, but now she seems to have this 0-1/4 throttle issuse. And I did take my carbs apart and cleaned them, they were nice and clean, the jets looked good. I didnt take the float (s) out, because it looked like I would break something. That pin that holds the float in looked pressed in, so I didnt want to break anything to take the floats out.

Any sugestions? :wacko:

Have a look here. Hesitation off idle

I have the same problem with my bike and I am going to try this on Friday when I get a chance to work on the shee. Hope it helps!