bhq masters help me with blaster jetting/problems

well i have 2 race ready blasters, the one i bought and then burned the clutch out in practaice at budds(well call this one orange), so i took the carb and intake off the orange and put it on my primary race bike(well call this one blue) when the carb was on orange it ran fine, but when it was on blue i had a similar problem as i have now, so when we went to va beach the problem still remained but i had tryed about 4 jets smaller to try to correct the problem, wrong the rings and piston were shot on blue and i dident have time to have it bored or order a new piston, so we ran home that night to get the motor off of orange, got it brought it back took oranges intake/ carb off blue motor and put it on orange and put it in blues frame now we have the same engine and carb and intake with the same type of pipe(have the same one on both bikes) so it should run the same wrong, the problem is that when the throttle is wide open it wants to cut off like it cant get enough air or something, me and my friend(former ama bike pro) messed w/ the fuel screw which helped a liltle bit, and just for refrence it runs best with a br8es in it, with a br9es it will barely run, with a br7es its better than a 9 but not as good as a 8, not sure if it has a air leak(possible suspect) also it smokes even after it warms up(im running amsoil synthetic 32:1 4 oz to a gal) also could this be from the pipe leaking? not sure, knew there was the experts at bhq so came here some body help me!

thanks

o btw: i have to race this weekend

this is what im doing trying to think of what to do :whoa:

heres what i want to do :dance:

When you put the carb back on orange's motor, did you rejet the mains back up the four sizes? Is the air filter clean & oiled? How about the reeds, they look OK? If it's a high-speed miss and you're sure of the jetting, it could be the coil failing, try swapping those. If that doesn't work try going a size larger or smaller on the main and see if it helps (or go up a size until it bogs at WOT and then drop one size). Is the compression OK? Good luck.

When you put the carb back on orange's motor, did you rejet the mains back up the four sizes? Is the air filter clean & oiled? How about the reeds, they look OK? If it's a high-speed miss and you're sure of the jetting, it could be the coil failing, try swapping those. If that doesn't work try going a size larger or smaller on the main and see if it helps (or go up a size until it bogs at WOT and then drop one size). Is the compression OK? Good luck.

i did go back up on the mains, air filter is clean and oiled, reeds are ok, i switched the coils and that helped conciterably, but im sitll having a liltle bit of trouble with it could that a bad ground? or that the two ends of the coul arent grounding, thanks (and that test was with a new spark plug)

i switched the coils and that helped conciterably, but im sitll having a liltle bit of trouble with it could that a bad ground? or that the two ends of the coul arent grounding, thanks (and that test was with a new spark plug)

When you say considerably....how's that exactly. Unscrew your sparkplug cap from wire going to the coil, clip it just a cooch hair and re-screw in the cap to assure you have a good connection there. I have a cousin who was having damn near the same problem with his LT250, he dicked with it, several shops messed with it, no one could figure it out. I did just what I stated to do above & whallah! No problems with it since... I'm not saying that's the case, just something to try if you haven't already. And yes, make sure you have good grounds and all electric connectors are tight. ;)

ok i want to thatnk every one who said it was electrical, it was the coil, one prob was the mount to one of the ends of the coil was broken off, (wasent grounding) i welded it back up and along with oranges coil it works great, i got a 6th a the nationals with it and i know that could have been a top 3 with the coil not screwing up, o well im going to a district race this weekend and should probally win, ne was why dident i go to blaster hq? because banshees have similar problems (both 2 stroke) and every one there is about 11-16 so they arent the most knowledgeable crowd, im one of the smarter people on there, so i thank every one because now i can win