riding style

i seem to get sore lower back after riding for short periods i'm not sure if this is my riding style or maybe my bikes not set up for my hight or something,i'm 5'11" average build,also fairly fit ??

could do with some help on bike comfort or riding tips .... :cheers:

I'd look into a kidney belt. I used to have the same problem; g/f's parents got me a kidney belt last Xmas & I never ride without it now. They're great. ;)

Damn, I'm gonna need to get my shocks revalved. Helmet, chest protector, boots, kidney belt. That just added 50 lbs to my bike. :lol:

I'm 5'11" also, around 160#. Front shocks helped me alot, although I think it helped with arm fatigue more than lower back pain. Of course, I could fly through whoops faster and DID get a sore back, I got a kidney belt and like led said, don't ride without it; it helps ALOT. Depending on where you're riding, you might also try adjusting your rear shock compression and rebound, and maybe rotating the bars in the stem mount farther forward or back (I run CR hi-bend bars and they are alot lower and flatter).

my 1st thoughts were-how much do you use your legs to help absorb the bumps and such. if you keep your butt on the seat all the time your back will constantly take the abuse left over from the suspension. i've seen this with several other people, and it's a pretty simple solution to use your legs more. 2nd- adjust or upgrade suspension. 3rd- kidney belt. 4th - see your doc and get checked out. you may be aggravating an injury or problem when you ride. B)

im 6ft 3" average build, and i sit at the front half of the seat most of the time, its comfy for me and iv never had any back pain, but your a bit smaller so it mite efect you different