tr6 with rad valves why wont it run?

i just had my bike jetted for the tr6 pipes and it ran fine, i got a set of rad valves and called toomey and they said the jetting would be fine. the instalation of the valves was realy easy which led me to believe that its all put together right. but now the bike will not kick over and the only way i can start it is by pulling it behind a truck, once i get it running it bogs down when the rpms drop but when they are high it revs to the moon and backfires can anyone please help me with this problem before i go and spend money down at the yamaha shop, thanx alot :shootself:

posible causes

air leak-spray some either around the carbs and reed blocks to see if idle changes

choke tube off-just look for the small fuel line that runs horizontal from left to right carb

possibly execcessive rich condition-check the plugs to see what they look like

week spark-test coil

hope this helps :)

could be an air leak causing the backfire and what superchick said is some other possibilities.

the not being able to kick over thing scares me some. i'd probably take that shit apart and look it over and put it back in making sure it was right. not saying it's wrong, but it worked before, now it won't kick over, there maybe something going on there.

just a thought.

i put new plugs in it i had been running to rich of a mixture, the rad valves are new but could there had been a problem with the reed spacing, i never measured the gap could this also be a problem. thanx for the advice superchicken, and ill probly go ahead and pull it back apart again to see if anything is wrong with my install like sredish said, thanx alot and ill tell you how it goes

i had the bike jetted at the yamaha shop and it ran fine i dont think one of the jets is loose, but ill call them and have them look at it again seeing that its their work. the airbox has the snorkle removed and airbox vents intalled like the tr6 kit had me do. im alittle worried about taking it all off for the reason that i ride in sand alot and dont want that shit in my motor, its still not running and im getting pissed, i feel like calling the yamaha shop and bitching for a while, thanx alot guys

i know they put in the #280 mains in, and i got an email from boyesen and they told me to change my secondarys to # 30 instead of the stock #25. the bike is pretty much new so its all stock except for the pipes and rad valves, the filter im using is what they sent me in the toomey package, the two stage whatever filter that has the toomey logo on it. would removing the airbox and running the two k&n filters work good, i ride in northern ny and there is alot of sand and mud

im not the man just one of them.good to hear that it got going on ya.ive learned since ive had my banshee,that the more you screw up the more you learn.that pesky choke tube has gotten me more than once.i would stay away from clamp ons ,i would pull the lid off and look into one of those cloth air box lids,there kinda new on the market,ive heard they work pretty good.cant remember the name but U.M comes to mind.if you do just check the jetting before you crank on her.with all my mods i run a 280 no lid and its a little fat (rich) near the bottom end,but its fine for me,but im near sea level,NJ you might be a little higher in elevation :headbang:

well i just got back from a ride and it real rips but i ran into a problem i now think the jetting is out, it runs fine for a while then it boggs out then dies, its not hard to start back up but i have to use the choke, it seems to run alittle better with the choke alittle ways out, dunno but it still walked all over some raptors today, tell me if you have any suggestions,