If Your From Ny

I bought my banshee new when I lived in IL. I was not required to register it ,and it came with a "certificate of origin" which looked like a title. Well when I moved to NY, I decided to register it with the DMV, they took my Cert. of origin, I was thinking I would get a title or something beside my registration card, Well It turns out that I am not going to recieve anything and that the registration card is all I get. It pisses me off because I want the damn title or whatever (nice pretty paper that says shes all mine). Does this situation seem right?

What do you NY guys get when you buy a new machine like this in NY state?

never registered mine, its a fuckin rip, when u register u still can ride on ANY roads, if ur on trails they can get u, if ur on someone elses land they can get u, the only place ur safe with the registration is on ur own land..... but did u try talkin to them about the problem?

It is illegal in NYS to ride off of your own property without a registered machine. You also have to carry liability insurance if you ride off your property WITH PERMISSION from the landowner. Also, if you ride in other states, you will need a registration from your home state (where required) or a temporary reggy in their state. Now, the state DMV used to give you back the Certificate of Origin, but they now destroy that, and give you a transferrable registration. Trailers and snowmobiles are the same way. Transferrable registration. It kind of sucks, and they have you by the balls when it comes to that. ANd I heard they are raising the registration fees AGAIN. ANd they will be closing more land. I'm just gonna have to buy my own island. and ride there :shootself::flush:

boonman hit it right on the head. NY takes your certificate of origin and destroys it the only proof of ownership in NY is the transferrable registration once its been rigistered. If you dont register it a certificate of origin will also prove ownership but once you register it a registration is all you will get.

the only reason i ever registered mine is to go down to PA! makes sense doesnt it? NY doesnt do anything for wheelers except make money of the fines they give you. i also figured if i have registration and insurance, thats 2 less tickets they can give me. yes the fees went up again, its now $27. im about to write an e-mail to the state.