She Just Died

hops

I did 5-7 driveway heat cycles, rode about 1/2 a tank at 1/4 throttle, 1/2 a tank at 1/2 throttle, (all this time, plugs looked great)and was starting a 3/4 throttle ride when she just died while at 3/4 throttle 4th gear. I was nervous about it so I threw it on the trailer and went home. It is in the shop now, but I'm wonderin what could be wrong.

It seems to have compression, has spark, fuel is getting to the carbs, carbs were cleaned. No fuel is getting to either cylinder at this point. (shop guy and I went over this stuff) Everything but the pipes and filters in my sig are new, including the Reeds, and assembled by the "pro"(excluding carbs).

Are there any other possibilities other than the reeds that could cause this? It would just seem like a rare event that both reeds would stick, even odder that they could stick closed.

Any idears?

Hops

Well, did it make a bang or just die? Have you tried starting it again? I woulnd't want to, your probably going to have to tear down the engine to figure it out. Make sure to remember were screws/nuts/bolts go (just making sure) other wise your screwed when it comes to putting it back together again. Which will make you want to banghead

Yeah, I guess I need to clarify that I used NO MORE THAN 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 throttle, not keeping the RPMs constant.

It just seemed to die, I didn't hear or feel any "bangs" or "pops". I tried startin it once, but decided to let the shop figure it out. The shop tried to get it runnin with the afore mentioned steps, but we ran out of time. We(I will be helpin the shop) are going to tear into her Monday, but I just thought someone may have had something similar happen.