Jetting Question

Just a quick question for you jetting gooroos,

I want to change the airfilter on my stock 02 banshee because I've heard that its pretty common for the standard air filter to leak, dusting the engine.

If I fit a single k&n filter with high flow adaptor and run with no airbox lid will I need to change the jetting. I would like to keep the stock pipes for now, learn to ride better before I persue more ponies.

What sort of performance gains will this give?

I live near the coast (300-500ft) and ride mostly trails and a bit of MX.

Adding a K&N W/O pipes is kinda trickey. K&N tipically adds 4 main sizes and 3 more for no snorkel and lid. However the stock pipes wont flow that much more so +4 sizes is probably right. Thow in a new set of plugs and make sure the electrode insulator gets a little brown after you ride it a while so you know its not running too lean (if it stays real white and runs with hesitations yet revs up and has little power your lean) (dark plugs and bogs your rich) You may need to turn your air screws in to richen it up a bit if it has lean symptoms at idle from the added air flow. Stock pilot should work fine.