Found My Prob.... The Lil Ball In The Center....

People keep on telling me that i welded the ball on to a rod, never really thought about this b/c the ball looks like it's supose to stuck on the end. IS IT? :rolleyes:

That ball acts as the bearing between the clutch pressure plae and the rod that is moved by the engagement lever. I hope that you got the rod out with ease. Often times it is lodged inside the transmission shaft and is fairly difficult to remove. Keep your transmission oil level up to full, and don't coast ANYWHERE with the clutch pulled in. if memory serves me correctly, you stated in another post you were drag racing and at the end of the race, you had no clutch. I am guesstimating that you pulled in the clutch at the end of the run, and coasted a little. That will do it. Especially if the oil was a little low. Or, pulling in the clutch for every shift with the oil low, and draggin, (high RPM shifts) was just too much for it. ;)

Well, that depends if the rod and ball are stuck in the shaft. if they are stuck, splitting the cases is almost eminent. If it slides out, than you are in business!!!! :clap: If not, pull the motor and split the case, and press the ball and rod out of the tranny shaft...... :cry:

If you are going to replace it there's no reason not to go with the new thrust bearing style setup. It's cheap and much more durable. My cousin went to one after welding his ball to his rod *snicker* about 5 times. When I go to my lockup i'm gonna switch to that style also. Cheap insurance.

If you are going to replace it there's no reason not to go with the new thrust bearing style setup. It's cheap and much more durable. My cousin went to one after welding his ball to his rod *snicker* about 5 times. When I go to my lockup i'm gonna switch to that style also. Cheap insurance.

Where to order? Part #? Price?