Meguiars Nxt Wax

DUNEDEMON

I realize this is not a Banshee related topic, but hey it's a product right?

I was just curious if anyone had tried the stuff yet, I have not but I am hearing great things about it. If you have not heard of it - it's sn automotive wax that is suposed to be the shit.

I use the Meguiars Yellow paste wax on my car...I've ALWAYS used Meguiars products for all the detailing aspects of my ride; IMO nothing works better!! I'm not sure I know which wax you're talkin about (Nxt) is it new? I can tell you that the Meguiars is the shit though, fair price for an excellent product.

*Tip* Don't know if anyone else does this but I found that if I do not dry the car before applying the wax (just leave it wet after the wash) that the finish has a deeper "wetter" look to the paint..and it's a little easier to remove. The wax "protection" doesn't last as long but its the look that I'm after ;)

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the tip Bigboy. yes ther "NXT" wax is new I just have not tried it yet, was just curious if any one had. For what it's worth I use a product by "Eagle 1" called "wax as you dry" (comes in a red spray bottle) I use it between waxes, any way you spray it on the car/truck after washing while it is still wet and then dry it - works great I highly reccomend it. I'll pick up some NXT and give it a try and report back with the details.

Cool deal DUNEDEMON! I've heard of that stuff (Wax as you dry) and used it before, works really good!! Eagle One has some really good products too. They make a spray on wheel cleaner that is amazing. As a side note, in case you haven't heard or tried it but that new Mr. Clean Auto Dry car wash works really good too. As long as you use it as directed the results are GREAT! Just figured I'd add that ;)

Stan, sorry to hear that...is the paint faded that bad? If you still have any clear coat at all on there I could make it purdy! Too bad you live so damn far away, I'd hook you up with a freebie polish/wax for all the billet you've made for me...I can make damn near anything shine, always been a skill of mine :)

hey bigboy, that mrclean auto cleaner no dry thing. what does it actually do ? can i just hose off my dirty ass truck and be done with it or do i still have to scrub the hell out of it ?

and since were on the subject. my 150 is white, and through tons of desert trips the and half ass washings, the paint has some nasty looking swirl marks all over it, kinda like it was washed with sand paper. how can i make it look good again ?

any tips to keeping a dark grey truck looking new ?

As far as the Mr Clean Auto Dry thing, yeah you gotta scrub the truck still, the main thing this contraption is for is to keep you from having to dry it off by hand, which can cause a lot of those swirl marks. My friend used it on his truck and it was totally spotless afterwards.

As far as your swirl marks, this is what I did to my boy's ride that had MAJOR swirl damage...His paint was immaculate afterwards ;)

1st- Washed it REALLY good and made sure there was no dirt or ANYTHING on the surface.

2nd- Used Meguiars paint cleaner and cleaned the dirt/grime off that's not really visible..after you use this you'll see what I mean. It takes off oxidants as well and you'll feel the surface will be MUCH smoother. After I use the paint cleaner you can rub your finger on the paint and it literally will be squeaky clean

3rd- Used Mequiars liquid polish and buffed it with that. This helps make the color of the paint have a deeper look to it, and also adds the first layer of shine, along with removing I'd say half the swirls.

4th- Used the Mequiars Quick wax cleaner used between waxings to clear off any excess polish or any pollen, etc that may have got on the paint since you polished it.

5th- Finished up with Mequiars Yellow Paste wax for the final touch. After doing this step, the swirls had been reduced by at least 80-90% and the shine was amazing. Instead of using a buffer to take this coat of wax off, I used a 100% cotton T-shirt folded inside out. IMO it helps prevent obtaining more swirls when taking off this wax, which is the most critical considering its the final coat.

This whole process took me roughly 5 hours, which is well worth it if you value the condition of your paint. I'll see if I have any pictures of the Bullit I did this to, to kinda show you the difference this process makes. If I lived closer to ya I could do it for ya, wouldn't charge much, maybe just a few brews and an afternoon in the dunes...detailing cars has always been a hobby of mine, my friends are blown away at what I can do with paint on a car.

Sorry for the long post, wanted to be as descriptive as I could. :)

Hope this helps!

I THINK I HAVE A NEW WEEKEND PROJECT. IF I SCREW IT UP AND YOU WANT TO COME OUT WEST FOR A DUNE TRIP, DROP A LINE AND ILL TAKE CARE OF YA. THANKS BRO.

Stan, sorry to hear that...is the paint faded that bad? If you still have any clear coat at all on there I could make it purdy! Too bad you live so damn far away, I'd hook you up with a freebie polish/wax for all the billet you've made for me...I can make damn near anything shine, always been a skill of mine :)

Well, I had my Chevelle that I liked, no ....LOVED to wash and wax.... :drool: My 95 Tahoe I had right after that, and then my 97 Z-71. Since then its just been trucks that I don't really care about all that much. Just A to B type shit. I don't know that I'll really ever have anything that sticks out like that Chevelle did again. I don't mind. I got other interests anyway. lol..... My Banshee plastic is covered in black smudgey hand prints right now from us pushing it (I rode it in the shop last weekend...kinda scary on a painted floor) from one end of the shop to the other as I tinker, rip it apart, put it back together etc......But I have this really cool solvent based plastic cleaner at my shop that makes the whole bike look like its wet. mmmmm.....Thanks Walt. :headbang: