Do U Support Bush

well are you willing to give up all fossil fuel burning things you have?

I'm converting the shee to alky before its too late! :jesterlaugh: But then we'd have to cut down more trees to produce more alky and that probably wont go over well. :shootself: Damit! banghead

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If a fraction of the effort and money that is spent on keeping the oil industry alive was spent on alternate fuel sources and the educational system was re-vamped to promote the education on improving those fuels, the problem would be solved.

One thing about the space program always puzzled me... why water is so important to find on other planets. Because that's all they need to fuel the shuttles. If they find water even as humidity, they can break it down to it's basic elements and use that planet as a staging ground for further exploration deeper into space. It seems to me the earth has plenty of water that's already surty we could turn into fuel and synthetics can do the rest. Besides that, alchy is not a bad interim fuel. It provides ALOT of HP and can be made out of practically anything that decomposes like corn, potatos, leaves, grass etc.

It's not as difficult as the big companies make it sound. And we could get back to taking care of the folks under our own roof so to speak.

Actually there doesn't need to even be an oil shortage with the use of oil shales. There rocks that have oil in than that can be extracted. However the only means that we have right now causes some polution and the land is enviromentally protected just like everything. Actually with the amout of shale that we know we have oil can be extracted from them can be enough to support world oil needs for thousands of years. We have a vast amount in our own rocky mountians.

As for breaking water down, Holyman. That is VERY difficult. I really dont want to get in to all of the reason but here is a basic explaination. Hydrogen is a very weak molecule and consist of only one outer electron in it's atom. And to be really stable it wants to have two in its outer most shell by either shareing one with something else that needs one or getting one from something that has one too many.

So to do that it can bond with another H or any element that wants to get ride of an extra. However Oxygen has a very strong pull (compaired to the weak Hydrogen) and to be stable it needs two more electrons so it will bond with 2 H's. This basicly makes a very strong bond that takes alot of energy to break and keep seperated. So it really isn't practical.

As for breaking water down, Holyman.  That is VERY difficult.

Sounds like a great growth industry especially if there's enough oil resources available for the next couple hundred years or so ;)

Drilling for oil and lives lost in pollution and the lives lost obtaining and protecting foreign oil sources {depending on ones school of thought} has got to be worth the effort.

The middle east would be nothing more than a sand dune since there would be no need for the oil and they don't have any water to sell as fuel to fund their battles.

I say let's do it. I'll donate one of my banshees for a fuel cell project if there's any serious people who want to move ahead with it.

Besides there's always alchohol :cheers:

i'm not saying they don't SAY that they are going there to look for life... i'm saying it's not the main reason for going...

you're an all around girl... politics, science, relationship counseling... wow you get around.

so scientists are liars now too? have you ever met a scientist? politicians do "bend truths" pleanty, its the name of the game, but scientists tend to be of a more pure group in that sence.

and yes, im a well-rounded person, which i think is a good thing, you seem to be insinuating that its a bad thing.

anyone who accepts funds by special interests is paid for a result. how you get that result depends on personal integrity. in addition to that, you can only teach what you know and unless a person learns with an open mind and has fully questioned what they are taught, then they will only repeat what they've been told. the broader ones mind the more adept they wll tend to be at seeing things the way they really are.

i personally know several scientists one of whom has even given info on banshees and fuel cell and rocket technology. great guy. i don't insinuate that anyone with a broad knowledge is bad but when that knowledge falls along "party" lines i get suspicious that they are not thinking for themselves, they are just repeating what they've learned, or worse yet what simply sounds good.

youre hilarious. really, you are. the only things i speak about that fall along party lines are politics, and thats only part of the time. anytime you speak of politics its gonna fall into some party line whether you mean for it to or not. in case you havent noticed, i generally make a lot of enemies by voicing my opinions. trust me, i think for myself and no one else. just because my views dont match with yours doesnt mean i dont think for myself. i made many professors very angry with me in college by voicing my opinions, ive caused the end to many friendships by voicing my opinions and guess what, i dont care. its important to me that people know i have my own opinions, and i value that im brave enough and strong enough in my convictions to voice those opinions.

I agree that having an opinion and stating that opinion takes some bravery but it is not the same as questioning and learning which would require someone to substantiate their opinion. I know you don't strictly follow party lines if for no other reason than your opinions on sexual orientation.

and how would you know whether or not i question and learn? i question almost anything i learn or hear or see. what makes you think you know me so damned well? as far as substantiating my opinin, im not sure that anyone as requested that i do so, and im not sure that this is the place to give big long lessons on any topic other than banshees. having a discussion is one thing, giving a lesson is another. if you want to believe or not believe what i say the best thing to do is to do your own independant research. thats how i come to form my various opinions, maybe you should do the same.

I didn't say I knew you well, I said that for no otherreasons than you opinoins on sexual orientation, you don't really fall along party lines.

The point I was making about stating an opinion vss questioning and learning was that anyone who is paid to achieve a certain result should acheive that result unless it is a violation of their personal integrity. So scientists who are funded by "X" company to do research in X field should expect to get a satisfying result no matter how they label it. When drug companies and other industries fund the space program, it makes sense that they aren't looking for life.

And if this is not the place to have "big long discussion on anything other than banshees" then why haven't you reported this to a moderator to kill it?

I suspect that it is because you like to state your opinion and perhaps like to do that without anyone else stating theirs.

first of all, the knowing me comment was referring to what you said about my opinions being some sort of regurgitation from someplace else, that i dont question things i learn or whatever. and second of all, i didnt say that all space exploration is to find life. most of it isnt. i was just referring to your comment on water. and third, i didnt say i was offended by this discussion, i said that a discussion like this is fine, but if i were to sit here and babble on and on about scientific proof behind my opinions, this may not be appropriate in this setting.

o and i dont believe i am preventing anyone else from stating their opinion here....am i wrong about that?? i enjoy differing opinions, not only can it add to my own knowledge on any subject, it also can bring cause me to question my own knowledge and opinins, which is also good, and really, discussions and debates such as this are just plain intellectually stimulating. i thoroughly enjoy it, no matter how much people may piss me off.

Edited by Brooke