Doesnt Make Sense

I had the shee jetted perfect for about 75-80 degrees, and I took it out today and rode it around a little bit, and now right off idle is a little sloppy, like its rich. I dont see how that can be because its only like 60 today. I took out the plugs and they looked fine, just like they did when it was 80 degrees out. I will ride it tomorrow when its warmer but I would just like to know what you guys think it might be.

If you are on the edge of being rich, the 15 to 20 degrees could make the difference. What pilot are you running and clip position, don't remember?

I wouldn't worry, because it's bound to warm back up and if your just on the edge, then it's only gonna lean up a tad more as the summer comes on in. As easy as the single is to work on, you could go a size down on the pilot, but I wouldn't mess with the needle at all unless the sloppiness continues on up to 1/2 throttle or so. Like Banchetta said, the air screw might help that, depending on how "sloppy" it is. Added that on edit, I don't think the air screw on the keihens is as responsive as mikunis. 2cents.gif

I'm at a 52 pilot and 5th clip, but I noticed a little hesitation off idle myself, along with a little more difficult starting. I need to back the pilot off a size, might try two, but I won't touch the needle until I have to, that midrange is like crack. :drool:

Edited by sredish

As easy as the single is to work on, you could go a size down on the pilot,

I need to back the pilot off a size, might try two, but I won't touch the needle until I have to, that midrange is like crack.  :drool:

That's what I was trying to say if it didn't come out that way. My bike is still running what it did in the winter, and now that it's in the high 70's and low 80's, my pilot feels a little fat, and that's what I was trying to tell ...

:lol::lol: hahaha, I see where I f'ed up. I started thinking about my bike and got confused as to what I was telling him to do. :rolleyes: I was typing and reading and it hit me. Thanks for the catch Banchetta.

sredish- what is your elevation? I might need to go down on the pilot, because I am running a 52 pilot also, needle 4th or 5th clip from the bottom, 175 main and I am right around sea level. It was about 80 when I jetted it.

I'm at 650' give or take a few here and there. I'm also running a 220 main. You might try a 48. I looked in my case, and I don't have anything under a 50, WTF, I thought I had a 48. I ran a 50 last summer and it worked good for me. I haven't found too many with a stock motor running over a 48.

Good luck. Let me know if I can help.