Need A Starting Point

Hey all, i just bought my shee a couple monts ago. I did not have to rejet for the cold weather since the stealership had already done so when it was sitting on the floor. NOw that it is warming up i need to rejet, she is starting to run a little hot on me from being rich. My current mods are in my sig, i am @ 800 ft above sea level, still have my lid on with the snorkel removed. Oh yea its getting to be 60-80 degrees here in IL

Hey all, i just bought my shee a couple monts ago.  I did not have to rejet for the cold weather since the stealership had already done so when it was sitting on the floor. NOw that it is warming up i need to rejet, she is starting to run a little hot on me from being rich. My current mods are in my sig, i am @ 800 ft above sea level, still have my lid on with the snorkel removed. Oh yea its getting to be 60-80 degrees here in IL

doesn't really make sense that it's running hot on you because it's too rich, usually it'll run hot because it's too lean.

First and foremost, to verify if your jetting is correct, do a plug chop. Check the Banshee Jetting FAQ for more info on how to perform a plug chop and all. After you read the plugs, then you'll know if it's the jetting or not. Your correct that it will be running richer as it warms up, but the richness will not cause it to overheat. If it's overheating, then you may have cooling issues to look at. Do you know what jets are currently in your carb?

Scott

Edited by sredish

Nope havnt a clue on what is in it, did a chop when i bought it to make sure that it was jetted correctly and it was close to perfect. Havnt done one recently though. It has got about 30-40 degrees warmer, so i know im rich. As for running hot, i just jumped to that conclusion. Maybe once i get the aluminum inpeller in it she'll cool off...

Nope havnt a clue on what is in it, did a chop when i bought it to make sure that it was jetted correctly and it was close to perfect. Havnt done one recently though. It has got about 30-40 degrees warmer, so i know im rich. As for running hot, i just jumped to that conclusion. Maybe once i get the aluminum inpeller in it she'll cool off...

Get some Engine Ice at your local dealer or from RockymountainATV.com and replace all your coolant with it. Your banshee will run 50 degrees cooler, give or take a few degrees. That along with an impeller will help out quite a bit. Don't get Watter Wetter, it doesn't work near as good.

CYC_ENG_ICE.JPG