Radiator Or Inlinecooler?

ALRIGHT, I KNOW I CAN COME TO YOU GUYS W/ THIS QUESTION. WILL AN INLINE SUPER COOLER KEEP MY BIKE JUST AS COOL AS A H/P RADIATOR WOULD? CAN I SAVE SOME BUCKS GOING W/ THE INLINE COOLER? IF NOT,

WHERE CAN I FIND A GOOD RAD FOR CHEAP?? THANX

:cheers:

Edited by AVBANSHEE03

An Inline Cooler is going to help, but not by much. I f you ever plan on modding more than what you have now I say get the Radiator. Check ebay you can get a PWR for around 300 give or take a few bucks. Look in this section of the forum for another topic about radiators, there is another place to get one cheaper.

The radiators are generally twice the size of a stock radiator. An inline cooler can't even come close to comparing to that. An inline cooler may help lower by 5 or 6 degrees. The radiator will be much lower than that, and be a much more reliable cooling source. By far worth the money for a radiator. Wish I had one.

If your having problems with cooling, running "Engine Ice" coolant will help lower temps more than you'd expect. You can get it at Rockymountainatv.com and some dealerships.

THANX ALOT, IM GONNA GO FOR THE RAD. PROBABLY PWR OR TOOMEY, I ALSO HEARD FLUIDYNE HAS ONE BUT I DONT KNOW THE $$ OR QUALITY. BUT IVE READ ALOT OF POSSITIVE COMMENTS ON BOTH PWR AND TOOMEY HERE. YOU THINK ILL HAVE TO PUT A PIECE OF CARDBOARD FOR THE WINTER? IM IN MIAMI,FL. IT GETS ABOUT 40DEG. THE COLDEST(RARE TO SEE IT THAT COLD) AVERAGE ABOUT 60'S..

You'll have a longer warm up time with a larger radiator. And maybe if it's cold enough outside you might have to put some kind of sheilding over the radiator to heat the engine at it's optimal temp. But, I'd try a pro design impellar and see if that helps, it's only like 30 bucks..hell of a lot better then 300 or so for a new radiator...then with that new radiator, you might have clearance problems..that toomey radiator is fat and will suck up all the space availible and could impede on your control cables causing them to bind and chaffe. I was going to get one, but after I dropped in an impeller, My overheating woes went away..well that and I spent a few days straitening all the fins on my radiator and cutting away those that were beyond repair.