First Time On A Mx Track Sunday..

STLbanshee

Well I went with some of my mx buddies that have yzf450s, that have about $6000 in aftermarket parts..they are all mx racers, and Im out there on my banshee with all stock suspension, well needless to say, Im sore as hell today, I only fell off once, and that was my fault, hit the lip of a jump a little sideways, and it pitched me to the side, and when I hit, I just kinda rolled off the bike..but heres my buddies jumping 65 foot doubles when Im jumping maybe 10 foot..but I was getting better toward the end of the day...then I hopped on the yzf and I was so much faster, but the yzf has so much power that it always had wheel spin, so it was squirly..but it soaked up jumps like it was a cadie..but you got to remember they have like 3200 in suspension alone..elkas and bugards a-arms, and other little things..but all in all I had fun, dont know if ill do it again, but I might if I get some better shocks...

Chris

man they over paid for those elkas and burgurd arms if they paid 3200. I ride a KFX400 mx and I got elka long travel shocks and +3 JD long travel arms and a stock rear revalved and it was only about 1900. Ok well maybe with a elka rear and maybe a steering stabilzer it might put it up to that so nevermind. I personally dont like the way the 450's handle. I know everyone says their sooo awesome but I didnt like it. I feel more comfortable and faster on my KFX. I didnt like the bump steer they had and I rode one with a stablizer and I didnt like how hard I had to set it to get rid of the bumpsteer. but thats just me. Anything is better then a banshee though. lol Dont get me wrong, I love my shee but I raced it motocross BONE STOCK other then the motor all last year an dit was killer. I was always in top 5 but I had to work soo much harder. I dont have to work as hard on my K